|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
The Commercial Executive (CE) is a sales professional who creates solutions to monetize Microsoft’s commercially available products and solutions. The Federal CE is responsible to build these solutions and drive contractual agreements for Federal customers through a combination of Microsoft’s Volume Licensing (VL) and/or commercial programs and appropriate Government procurement vehicles. The CE is also responsible to see contracts through to processing. You will manage the pricing of VL deals and will continually seek out revenue growth opportunities through up-selling and cross selling. You will work with and through the wider sales teams, both internally and externally to Microsoft, in order to achieve targets. You will be measured on sales goals as well as execution metrics that ensure on-time and quality deals. You will provide expert advice & consultation to the sales office in relation to licensing solutions for customers in complex scenarios. You will be the escalation point for any requirements to discount deals or adjust customer contract terms & conditions. You will hold specific discount and customer contract concession approval authority in order to close volume licensing deals. You will create strategic plans for the sales office that maximizes the monetization of VL. You will have to demonstrate an insatiable appetite to continuously learn as well as energize the company’s mission on empowering every person and every organization on this planet to achieve more. Ensure the solution meets customer needs by creating & proposing commercial solutions to Microsoft’s largest Enterprise customers in the US Federal Government. Act as a deal consultant for the sales office to find the optimal commercial solution.
Examples of Commercial Business business impact activities:
- Agree on the best commercial Volume Licensing deal/Commercial program through definition & negotiation of the commercial terms in collaboration with the Account Team.
- Manage any discounting or changes to Volume Licensing customer contractual terms using your own approval authority or working with other approvers as needed.
- Work through and with various sellers, both internally and externally to Microsoft such as channel partners, Microsoft account teams, other technical solution sellers in order to achieve revenue targets. Manage key stakeholders to meet critical deadlines.
- Lead internal sales and management teams through sales process optimizing for the right level of investment and customization.
- Early engagement and integration on Digital Transformation initiatives by leading customers through procurement processes.
- Land on-time annuity revenue by overseeing the deals through the negotiation to processing & invoice.
- Create and manage licensing plan for the assigned sales accounts. The plan maps out how to maximize the commercial annuity opportunity for the account.
- Contribute to the Commercial Executive community by sharing best practices and insights on sales execution.
- Seasoned sales and negotiation professional, unafraid of conflict.
- Positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners.
- Comfortable speaking at all organizational levels, from the CxO to the procurement/purchasing teams.
- Able to explain complex solutions; skilled at simplifying the complex.
- Strategic, long-term thinker able to analyze data to identify trends, risks and opportunities.
- Team player and collaborative – high performing individualists will not be successful.
- In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs will be essential but not required at hiring.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- BA or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of sales and negotiation experience is desirable.
- Field of Study: Business, Management, IT, Commercial Sales.
- Sales and partner management, sales processes and methodologies training as per Industry Standard.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications: Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.