|Job Type:||Full Time|
As businesses transform digitally cyber security is increasingly important at all levels within our customer base. This represents an opportunity to Microsoft to both protect customers and grow what is already a substantial business. Within security operations teams there are many tools however perhaps the most important is the SIEM tool which centralizes logs across the entire customer estate. Microsoft launched Azure Sentinel nearly two years ago and it has been a breakthrough product with > 7,500 customers and it was recently recognized as a leader in the Forrester Analytics Wave. The combination of cloud and AI has led to increased productivity for overburdened security professionals coupled with cost savings. Despite the amazing market reception to date we are just getting started in growing Azure Sentinel into a mature market that has a TAM of at least 2.5B. We are new team, originally in Azure and now part of the Security, Compliance and Identity organization. Our high performing, collaborative marketer team members are individually brilliant, love working with each other and we value a positive team dynamic and know that diverse perspectives with help all of us learn, grow, and deliver better business outcomes. We embrace trying new things and learn from any outcome. The team charter includes the full threat protection story spanning SIEM and XDR, inclusion of Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender, and Microsoft 365 Defender, and we also carry the banner for Azure security including platform technologies and confidential computing.
In this role you will be responsible for marketing Azure Sentinel, the hottest technology in the SIEM market today, in partnership another team member Your primary objectives are to grow the awareness and consumption of Azure Sentinel as we drive three-digit growth. To get this done you are focused on the customer and business outcomes, you are great at cross-group collaboration, you are a natural simplifier, and you deliver high quality marketing content. Areas of responsibility include:
- Azure Sentinel web properties both on Azure and the Security website.
- Azure Sentinel roadmap
- Azure Sentinel integration to the broader Security GEP and campaigns
- Azure Sentinel social strategy
- Azure Sentinel marketing content in partnership with the second Azure Sentinel resource
- Azure Security activities to be defined as we solidify roles on this newly formed team
- 3 years of experience marketing commercial software to business users and IT Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of one or more Microsoft applications a definite plus
- Excellent communication skills, high degree of accountability with willingness to take measured risks and set bold goals
- Proven capability to deliver world class marketing content, including value proposition, evidence, blogs, whitepapers & presentations for identified scenarios, products/features and segments/audiences
- Drive for results and action oriented
- Ability to translate solutions understanding into a compelling story for customers’ that clearly articulates Microsoft’s strategy, benefits and differentiation when using Azure’s services
- Ability to analyze and diagnose complex product and business challenges, formulate solutions, and then motivate the broader organization to pragmatic action
- Desire to be involved in a development stage business with an entrepreneurial bias
- Proven capability to develop strong working relationships with customers, senior executives, engineering teams, and other product and marketing groups across Microsoft
- Experience and a track record of success in product marketing or product management is essential. The ability to drive with autonomy in a high-visibility environment is a must-have skill, as is the ability to collaborate across org boundaries. Knowledge of how enterprises buy and use commercial applications is a big plus.
The candidate must also have:
- B.A./B.S in Computer Science, Marketing or related field Computer Information Systems, preferred
- M.B.A or related work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.