|Job Type:||Full Time|
With over 200M copies sold, Minecraft inspires a passionate community of millions to create amazing things together. In addition to being the bestselling game of all time, Minecraft is also increasingly used in the classroom to support engaging, hands-on learning across a wide range of subjects. We are looking for a Learning Programs Manager with a passion for education and an entrepreneurial spark to join us in our mission to empower teachers and students with Minecraft. This is a chance to change how people teach and learn and inspire a generation to build a better world through the power of play.
As a Learning Programs Manager for Minecraft Education, you will lead planning and execution for content, curriculum, and learning resources, and build relationships with a global community of educators to drive awareness and adoption. If you are passionate about transforming education, creative, focused on high quality execution and like to challenge the status quo with new ideas, then we would love to talk to you.
- Deliver content to support increasing usage of Minecraft in classrooms around the world, with a focus on STEM. This may include project management of curriculum development with leading education content providers, custom curriculum development, curating user generated content, and other content acquisition.
- Create and deliver storytelling that encapsulates the power of Minecraft and game-based learning and engage school leaders in adopting Minecraft: Education Edition curriculum. Represent Minecraft Education at conferences, events, and customer meetings.
- Engage a robust, connected global community of educators and facilitate a dialog on using Minecraft for teaching and learning, fostering collaboration, and sharing of best practices and ideas.
- Execute a plan for formal research with schools and universities to support reporting on learning outcomes associated with Minecraft as a platform for teaching and learning.
- Act as voice of the educator and curriculum leader in product roadmap and feature prioritization discussions, representing education trends and content requirements with the engineering and design team.
- 5+ years of program management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Subject matter expertise in concepts of STEM education and curriculum design
- Experience designing educational content for global markets
- Experience building collaborative working relationships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Passion for and knowledge of game-based learning, ideally Minecraft or other education apps
- Classroom teaching or school leadership experience
- Exceptional presentation skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.