|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Data Center Inventory and Asset (I&A) Technician Lead, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
As a successful Data Center Inventory & Asset Technician Lead, your performance objectives include:
- Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Building strong working relationships with customers
- Ensuring alignment of operations and programs to Microsoft’s big picture and goals
- Functioning as a member of and leading a team of responsible for material movement, shipping & receiving, inventory management, stocking, and cycle count
- Encouraging the team to share lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and productivity
- Responsible for people management including performance reviews, career coaching, and career growth discussions
- Performing shift-based tactical management tasks such as prioritizing ticketing queues, working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of I&A activities
- Manage resource scheduling to ensure meeting SLAs and project deliveries
- Provide hands-on support to the I&A team as needed during high volume work activity
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- At least three years of experience with warehouse/supply chain/logistics experience including the use of hand trucks and other powered and non-powered lifting devices
- Technical College degree or certification in APICS/Inventory Control, Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce
- Basic working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
- Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within your DC’s local jurisdiction
- Flexibility to work non-business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
Background Check Requirements:
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.