|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for learning and teaching others? Do you have an affinity for enabling outstanding customer support? Do you have experience helping organizations implement, manage and support Microsoft 365 commercial subscriptions, with a deeper understanding of SharePoint, InTune, and Configuration Manager? If so, be a part of the digital transformation at Microsoft by building technical learning and assessment experiences that help current and aspiring support engineers build and maintain their Microsoft 365-related skills!
Microsoft Worldwide Learning’s mission is to build world class capability for customers, partners, employees, and future generations, enabling them to develop, grow, and achieve success professionally. Within Worldwide Learning, the Technical Content Development team’s mission is to help IT professionals, developers, and employees build their technical skills and advance their careers. We are a dynamic team of skilled and experienced content development, learning, and content portfolio management professionals, with a high-energy, diverse & inclusive, and iteration-driven culture, grounded in real customer and field needs. We build blended learning experiences that include Instructor Led Training (ILT), supported by interactive experiences and online training. We have tremendous opportunities not only to increase customer satisfaction, but also to innovate in the content we deliver.
We are looking for a seasonedMicrosoft 365 professional to design, create, curate, and maintain a curriculum that provides a world-class learning experience for Microsoft 365-focused support engineers. This candidate also needs to exhibit a passion for training customers, and ideally, has experience as a content developer (training or documentation), technical writer/trainer, or as a support engineer.
This role will coordinate with Customer Service and Support (CSS) subject matter experts, as well as leading virtual teams consisting of vendor Program Managers and Instructional Designers, to ensure our learning assets are connected to top support scenarios,creating a learning experience that helps our learners be successful. Strong communication and cross-group collaboration skills are necessary as you will be expected to stay plugged into the CSS teams to keep abreast of rapid product and support-related changes as the Identity space evolves over time. You will evaluate new features or products and curate existing content assets, create net-new content, and/or update existing content based on those changes. Youwill manage the content development process from concept and skills analysis all the way through final product release. Proven project management skills are essential in this role to keep projects on-track and on-budget during the content development life cycle. You will be an “authoritative source” for Microsoft 365-related support content. You will need to think creativelyand innovatively to provide the right learning at the right time with new form factors and delivery technologies.
Primary roles and responsibilities of this position:
- Design, author and publish the highest quality learning experiences for Microsoft 365-focused support engineers. This includes hands on labs, text, videos, assessments, and interactive activities.
- Work with Microsoft CSS subject matter experts and other Content and Product Groups to curate content as well as create, refine, and align the learning experience with product and support lifecycles.
- 3+ years of experience in disciplines such as learning & development, support readiness, support engineering, or program management
- Deep IT administration understanding of at least one of the following areas of Microsoft 365 products and solutions: SharePoint, InTune, and ConfigManager
- Understanding of Customer Service & Support engineer roles
- Experience with instructional design and curriculum development across multiple modalities (online, instructor-led)
- A willingness to be agile, a motivated self-starter, and a passion to constantly learn and improve.
- Strong Adaptability, Collaboration, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Planning, Organizing, and Executing, and Judgment are core competencies needed for this role.
- Works with high degree of Respect, Accountability, and Integrity
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting at least one area of Microsoft 365 products and solutions: SharePoint, InTune, and Config Manager
- Hands-on experience with Teams, SharePoint, or Microsoft 365 Administration
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and use of Azure DevOps to manage development priorities and backlogs.
- Understanding of Data (Data trends, content analysis) and fluency using Excel and other data reporting tools such as Power BI
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.