|Location:||Fairview, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Provide product manufacturing support for new product development. Create assembly instructions, process work flows, tooling, fixtures, and other documentation. Participates in design and testing activities including requirements capture, test plan creation, bench level verification testing.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide manufacturing support as part of a cross functional team
- Create process work instructions, tooling, and electronics fixtures for new products
- Develop and execute test requirements for electro-mechanical component characterization and verification.
- Initiate and manage capital equipment projects
- Analyze yield and process data (capability & gage R&R) to identify and implement process improvement projects
- Set up manufacturing procedures to resolve customer's complaints
- Resolve tool and design problems as related to assembly of components
- Suggest design changes of new products to reduce costs and overall manufacturing efficiency
- Prepares specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Familiar with manufacturing principles such as high-speed assembly, machining, stamping, plating, resistance welding, bonding, and molding
- Able to work as a team member with remote sites and outside vendors.
- A self-starter that require minimum supervision
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under schedule pressures and balance priorities is essential
- Have strong written and oral skills, as you will be required to interface with team members, suppliers, customers and sales
- Must be able to work in a hands-on environment
What your background should look like:
- Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree plus 3 years of experience
- Experience with machine and equipment design, development, and deployment in manufacturing
- Competency with CAD and 3-D modeling software
- Proficient in MS Office Software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of six sigma, lean manufacturing tools and Minitab
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple changing priorities
- Experience with robot programming, PLC and HMI
- Green Belt in Six Sigma preferred
- Knowledge in mil-aero products is desirable but not a requirement
- IPC soldering certification preferred