|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages us to learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
As a trusted advisor to the Customer & Experience and Success Worldwide Operations Leader, the focus of the Sales Excellence Director’s role is to be a driver of sales discipline and execution excellence, as well as a sales coach, accelerating business growth by translating insights into actions. This role will focus primarily on Stages 3, 4 and 5 of the pipeline, but will be expected to develop a robust knowledge of the entire sales pipeline with extra focus on post-commit customer value and consumption. Key accountabilities:
- Planning & Executing as One Microsoft: As a Trusted Advisor to the CE&S WW Operations Leader, you will lead an effective rhythm to review and deeply understand our consumption business, including relevant aspects of resourcing (sales and customer success coverage), territory & quota assignment. You will help drive discipline in sales & consumption processes, ensure integrated customer planning & provide leadership with actionable insights to increase capability & business performance.
- Driving a Healthy, Predictable Business: As a Driver of Process Discipline & Execution Excellence, you will coach sales discipline & adherence to sales processes & hygiene standards, per Microsoft’s defined expectations. You will be expected to develop and independent view of the forecast and understanding of the forecast by Area, Solution Area and Stage. You will champion discipline & sales execution, holding sales managers and others accountable for quality & accuracy in their forecasts and driving a disciplined approach to evaluating the consumption pipeline to ensure adequate coverage to meet goals.
- Driving Customer Outcomes & Consumption: As a business partner to Customer Success leaders, you will ensure rigorous opportunity qualification & prioritization of pre-sales investments to those opportunities that will deliver the highest level of consumption & return on investment. In this role, you will also develop a thorough understanding of and champion the process of leading with customer value to drive consumption.
Key Experience, Skills & Knowledge Required:
- 8+ years of experience in Senior Sales or Channel Management/Leadership Roles or Sales Excellence roles.
Key Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Education Preferred:
- Track record of leading and coaching sales and/or customer success professionals, solution selling & executing strategic sales planning
- Sound knowledge & understanding of financial & sales processes, scorecards & key performance indicators used across Microsoft and an appreciation of differences in practices across Areas and Solution Areas
- Significant sales/solution depth in at least two of the following: Azure, Teams Meetings, Teams as a Platform, Dynamics 365.
- Sales Leader – Ability to drive sales strategy, effectively translating corporate strategy into Area and Solution Area plans that deliver success. Skilled in integrated sales planning & execution, relationship building, collaboration, change management and influencing through partnerships & networks.
- Sales Excellence Driver - Ability to drive sales discipline, accountability & high productivity. Skilled in coaching managers to drive sales excellence behavior improvements & increase proficiency in customer value and consumption management, opportunity qualification, close planning, pipeline hygiene & deal forecasting through utilization & adoption of standard tools, applications & processes.
- Sales Insights Leader – Ability to leverage business insights to drive action, largely through influence rather than direct control. Skilled in analytical problem solving, leveraging business dashboards & tools to identify risks, upside & other related intelligence, and a talent for seeing beyond the basic information in a forecast/pipeline to uncover insights that are less obvious.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.