|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure networking WAN and Edge team is looking for highly motivated and talented engineers to design and build state of the art services that provide route security and reliability into the networking stack for one of the biggest networks in the world.
Azure networking WAN and Edge team designs, builds and operates one of the biggest network infrastructures on the planet. The team manages WAN and Edge network for entire Microsoft connecting more than 160 edge sites and more than 60 Microsoft Azure regions across the globe. With the mission of reaching within 15ms to every human on the planet, we are constantly innovating on technologies to build the world’s most reliable, performant, and secure network infrastructure.
In this role, you will be responsible for critical components of the WAN infrastructure. This will include owning components from design through deployment and operations. This is a high visibility position in an area of large and expanding investment for Microsoft Azure and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
- Work across the Azure Networking organization to design, code, and integrate human centered stateful workflows into our mainstream network operations tooling.
- Strong focus on network reliability and methods to measure operational problems, incorporating findings and fixes into DevOps sprint planning and safe deployments.
- Lead the automation of our SD-WAN operational framework, device onboarding and buildouts.
- Contribute to the improvement of safe deployment orchestration and integration testing by connecting automation to virtual WAN network (crystalnet).
- Resolve live site issues by troubleshooting complex network components and features (e.g., device operating systems), including customer-facing support.
- Support innovation and cost management by developing new ideas for network systems and tools that meet customer and/or business needs.
- Take your ideas from design to production – own it end to end.
- 10+ years of professional Network Engineering or Software Development experience in the networking domain
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering (or a related field), or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- Self-starter with proven ability to develop creative solutions that enable Customers.
- Experience with C#, Python, Go, REST, YAML, and Workflow systems.
- Knowledge of IP/ethernet networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of Traffic Engineering fundamentals
- Interest and ability to research new and emerging technologies to better solve networking problems.
- Proven track record of getting hands dirty to fix problems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.