|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Device Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build, market and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, including OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows and the entire Microsoft solution stack.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire device product lifecycle, from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners deliver solutions to consumers, students, and businesses. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
As the Business Manager for the team, you will partner closely with the group GM and their Leadership Team (LT) along with other leaders within the broader organization and engineering teams. You will have the opportunity to drive and influence the device partner ecosystem transformation through near-term and long-term partner business planning while deeply collaborating with many teams on the business insights, operations, and processes to deliver on these future growth opportunities. In this role you will also be at the core of our partner facing communication plan, collaborating with senior executives across Microsoft to engage with our partners and customers through a single voice.
Strategic Planning, Execution & Business Management
- Partner with Account GM and LT to build the business strategy, measuring progress against Account Planning
- Understand the end-to-end business, to influence priorities and provide actionable business insights to enable effective decision-making across Sales & Marketing
- Act as a Trusted Advisor for the Account GM, LT & business manager community, ensuring all business strategy milestones and projects are tracked, delivered on time, and executed with excellence
Rhythm of Business (RoB) Execution & Management
- Lead organizational cross-functional and strategic projects and drive measurable results to deliver business impact for the Leader and the broad organization
- Drive employee engagement through All-Hands, Newsletters, events and manage leadership speaking engagements, influencing the team’s brand and culture
- Responsible for driving all the business management functions that will ensure the effectiveness of the team’s operating rhythm, including partnership with business managers across Device Partner Sales
- Support key people related initiatives: Trainings, Connects and Compliance, in alignment with Microsoft requirements, culture, and values
Sales & Marketing Operations Excellence
- Be a key contributor in the planning and execution of the account Business Reviews, CEO Business Reviews and other executive engagements. Including logistics, content development, and strategic point of view
- Play a key role in the planning and orchestration of internal and external events
- Partner with Sales & Marketing Leaders on the Annual Revenue planning process and monthly forecast cycle for a multi-billion-dollar business.
- Lead the Opex budget planning and quarterly forecasting for the group, ensuring alignment with annual and quarterly KPIs.
- Ensure teams have a deep understanding of people/discretionary and non-people spend and drive to quarterly and FY financial targets/accountabilities
- 5+ years related experience in Business Management, Project Management, Consulting, and/or Business discipline
- Experience in business operations, budgeting, financial management, and RoB
- Highly collaborative and proven ability to work with a diverse team
- Experience supporting executive-level teams and cross-functional stakeholder management
- Strong program management, including end to end planning of cross organizational projects
- Proven success in a complex, multi-team, and fast paced business environment
- Impact and influence at senior levels, utilizing strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to provide feedback and accept and encourage feedback from others
- Analytical acumen with the ability to understand business metrics, customer trends, and market analysis is a plus
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and negotiate and collaborate effectively
LOCATION: must be located in the Seattle, WA area with the ability to commute to the Bellevue office as needed. Relocation assistance available.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.