|Location:||Fairview, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of contactors, relays, sensors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 7000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced Operations (Plant) Manager for our growing Relay and Ruggedized Fiber Optic business for the site located in Fairview, NC. The total headcount for the site is approximately 300. The Plant Manager is also responsible for managing the operational interaction with a Joint Venture partner in India.
Functions under the Plant Manager’s responsibility, either directly or indirectly, include manufacturing, production control, manufacturing engineering, quality, procurement and shipping/receiving activities. The incumbent will define goals, improve technologies, and resolve problems, translate customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes, resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing of company products, as well as developing operations related plans, budgets,
policies and procedures.
As part of the AD&M team, the incumbent will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business, whilst maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
What your background should look like:
- Oversee operations conducted between the Fairview plant and a joint venture in India, including supply chain management, capacity planning and forecasting, routine business reviews and engineering and quality functional support.
- Cascade strategic objectives from Segment, Business Unit and Operations functional leadership.
- Set and clarify requirements and expectations for direct and matrixed reports based on the strategic direction and needs of the business.
- Plan, direct and monitor production activities with the objective of maximizing the use of organizational.
- resources to meet or exceed established targets for TEOA (LEAN), Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Employee Engagement and Talent Development.
- Drive the creation and deployment of Continuous Improvement initiatives which enable functional areas and the site to meet or exceed its Operating plan.
Requirements & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Business required
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working with a manufacturing organization with proven success in
- simplifying processes and increasing production
- General project leadership experience
- Minimum 5 years of management experience required
- General knowledge of financial terms and concepts
- Lean and/or six sigma experience a plus
- Experience working with multiple customers and suppliers in a low volume high mix industry