Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Cybersecurity Security Automation Product team is currently seeking a Principal Security Engineer to join our team. In this role, the Principal Security Engineer will serve as a delivery team member, product contributor and thought leader. They will be responsible for solution engineering and architecting complex systems to assist the various areas of Cybersecurity advance their practices, reduce technical debt, automate processes and modernize workflows. This individual will be a technical leader coaching and guiding the rest of our engineering team. They will work with the Product Owner and various product teams within cyber to thoughtfully and skillfully craft roadmaps and set ambitious yet obtainable goals.
Security Automation Products Description:
By developing solutions and products to automate manual security processes, the Security Automation Products delivery team aims to enable and elevate the various teams within Discover’s ever growing Cybersecurity program. We serve as a highly experienced team of Cybersecurity engineers ready and willing to help solve the problems of yesterday and create the ambitious solutions of tomorrow so our partners can focus on securing our most valuable assets.
- Function as a Delivery Team member, contributing to the development of product features and the completion of Sprint Goals.
- Function as a member of the Agile team responsible for contributing in all Sprint Ceremonies, Refining and maintaining the product backlog and work requests.
- Communicate with automation Product Owner to ensure priority and expectations are set accurately across the team.
- Mentor your teammates in various knowledge areas such as Cloud Security, Infrastructure as Code, Automation Code Development and Scripting etc.
- Develop highly available, scalable and secure platforms using security best practices.
- Create innovative solutions to problems.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of our Product line’s roadmap in partnership with the Product Owner
- Keep an ever vigilant eye on the industry and the enterprise to anticipate needs, identify trends and shifts in patterns across the industry
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the areas of Cloud Engineering, Security Engineering, Secure Development and other emerging Cybersecurity Engineering topics
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the automation of business tasks utilizing Orchestration technologies such as ServiceNow, RPA, SOAR (various security orchestration technologies), Jenkins, Lambda etc
- Perform security assessments for new services and architectures providing recommendations to leadership
- Creatively and securely codify and automate the development, testing and maintenance tasks associated with our platforms using IaC and DevSecOps best practices and methodologies
Qualifications You’ll Need
- High school diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Application Security, Programming, DevOps, Cloud, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related
Bonus Points If You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related fields
- SANS – GIAC, COMP TIA or comparable security certifications desirable
- Advanced experience in Public Cloud Architectures, engineering concepts and design
- Advanced experience implementing Cloud Security and Application Security concepts
- Proficient in various IaC tools such as “Chef/Jenkins/Terraform/Ansible”
- 5+ years experience in supporting and maintaining complex enterprise systems and vendor software
- 3+ years experience cloud engineering or cloud security engineering using public cloud technologies
- 3+ years experience developing and or architecting on container technologies
- 3+ years cybersecurity operations, engineering or analytics experience
- 3+ years experience in a team lead/tech lead position
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.