Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
We are looking for a Head of Procurement Contracting to join our growing Global Procurement team. This is a dynamic role where you will be encouraged to drive, challenge and connect our vision and people, and help set priorities, which the team collectively executes against. We’re seeking an experienced leader with strong business insight who can define and execute on a vision for an outstanding procurement contracting function.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Lead and develop of a team of contracting professionals.
- Independently draft, negotiate and close commercial contracts, including but not limited to hardware, software, SaaS and professional services agreements.
- Take on, concurrently, a portfolio of sophisticated contracts and projects.
- Identify risks, address counter-positions, and draft alternative provisions to counter-party questions, concerns and proposed language, including limitations of liability, indemnity, intellectual property, and privacy matters in the context of commercial contracts.
- Effectively communicate and explain positions and counter-positions with vendor sales, support and business teams.
- Build and maintain playbooks, contract review policies and processes and provide related training to other functional teams.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Juris Doctor degree from a U.S. accredited law school a plus.
- 8+ years of commercial contracting experience with an emphasis on directly handling and negotiating substantive contract terms with supplier legal or contract negotiation teams for a range of commercial agreements, technology licenses (in both hardware and software), SaaS and related support and professional services.
- Strong people leadership skills.
- Prior experience in preparing negotiation playbooks and contract review policies.
- Must be practical, results oriented, well-organized, flexible, with a proven ability to independently negotiate, draft and close commercial agreements, including master purchase and support agreements (whether or on customer paper or Atlassian contract templates), and balance multiple sophisticated matters simultaneously with little oversight.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly and cogently articulate a negotiating position verbally or in writing as well as independently draft contracts and alternative positions in clear, concise language.
- Ability to identify, assess and explain risks and independently draft alternative positions and language to mitigate risk.
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills and strong communication.
- Outstanding level of collaboration skills, exceptional teammate and ability to establish trust and credibility with partners.
- Willingness to take on any matter or project whether new, large or small, complex or simple.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines.
- Experience working in a cross-department, cross-functional role requiring good partner relationship skills.
- Familiarity with privacy and security issues is desired.
- Technology company experience desired.
More about the team
Atlassian’s Global Procurement organization is part of the Treasury department, within the CFO organization. This role reports to the Head of Global Procurement. You would be joining a hardworking and collaborative distributed team that is always growing, learning, and adapting.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.