|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara’s People Ops Team is looking for our next Associate Employees Relations Partner to expand its Employee Relations functions! This role will support all departments globally in optimizing positive working relationships through sound employee relations practices. Responsibilities will also include supporting various general People Ops functions and projects.
This position will be located in either San Francisco, CA or Atlanta, GA.
In this role, you will:
- Intake employee concerns and partner on workplace investigations with our Sr. Employee Relations Partner, People Ops Team, Legal Team, and any external investigators.
- Ensure data integrity and analyze for proactive opportunities to improve practices and policies in furtherance of positive employee experiences.
- Advise, mentor, and guide fellow Samsarians around sensitive employee relations issues such as performance management, conduct, separations, policies, practices, leaves, accommodations, safety, and background checks.
- Collaborate with our Sr. Diversity Partner and DEI Steering Committee on various initiatives that foster our culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Contribute to training content and facilitations that relate to best People practices for both managers and individual contributors.
- Provide generalist support to the broader People Ops Team as needed.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 3+ years of direct experience coaching managers and employees through delicate employee relations issues.
- 5+ years of generalist Human Resources experience which includes working with an HRIS.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Passion to act with a quick pace and urgency, yet balanced with thoughtful, pragmatic, and outcome oriented mindset
- Ability to facilitate sensitive, emotionally charged situations with calmness and empathy while driving to resolution in the best interest of all parties
- Proven ability to manage sensitive information with utmost confidence and professionalism
- Exceptional written and verbal communication that concisely, accurately, and tactfully delivers the message.
- Excellent analytical skills, organization, attention to detail, and problem-solving acumen.
An ideal candidate also has:
- An advanced degree preferred, but not required. Preference for degrees with concentrations relating to human resources, business, law, management, social work, psychology, organizational development, communications, public relations, etc.
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity, rigidity, and everything in between.
- Knowledge in tech applications such as Workday, Google Suite, and spreadsheets.
- Well-rounded Human Resources experience.
- Fundamental employment law concepts and applies that to business needs.
- Sight of business objectives while executing the day-to-day.
- Stakeholders needs in mind and is prepared to deliver results.
- Collaboration skills to work with others by inspiring.
- The ability to flourish in a high-growth global tech company setting.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.