|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, Los Angeles, California, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
As part of the Data & AI Sales Architecture & Enablement team, we are seeking an exceptional leader and cross-team collaborator to partner with stakeholders to optimize the global Data & AI sales community. Primarily centered on the objective of enabling our field sales teams to meet and exceed their revenue and scorecard targets for Azure Data Services, this role includes holistically owning the Data & AI global community and field advocacy strategy. This entails developing and leading community engagement, field communications and landing as well as amplifying the voice of the Data & AI Solution Sales organization. This role will harness the feedback, knowledge and power of our field communities to help our global Data & AI teams make our products, programs and people improve to deliver even more value to our customers.
As the Data & AI Community & field Advocacy Lead, you’ll partner closely with stakeholders including senior leaders in the Solutions organziation and our Data & AI field solutions teams including our Data & AI Specialists and Data & AI Specialist Managers.
Primary accountabilities include…
- Engage with field communities to help harvest and drive best practices, increase technical capabilities and enable the WW sales and technical communities to be more successful
- Increase technical and sales capability in the field by leveraging workload SMEs, cohorts and tailored readiness activities
- Execute best in class field sales community and people development across different roles in the Areas and Time Zones
- Build the world-class approach to learning that can serve as a role model for how our commercial customers could achieve their desired learning outcomes
- Ensure right enablement KPIs are in place for our sales field to achieve right outcomes for our customers and measure progress over time
The ideal candidate must be dynamic, passionate, self-motivated, confident in working across the company within a highly matrix organization to define and achieve mutually beneficial outcomes. They need to be able to gain the trust and confidence of the communities they serve, and be a visible leader who can drive results and who truly makes a difference to the communities.
- 2-4 years experience delivering change management, field enablement plans and/or programs that are designed for scale to diverse local or global audiences
- 2-4 years program and project management experience complimented by demonstrated operational excellence
- Excellent with internal and external communications skills are required (written, verbal/presentation)
- Proven ability to distill widely variant feedback and recommend actionable feedback back to virtual teams
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and negotiate and collaborate effectively
- Excellent collaborator with ability to lead virtual teams and influence senior decision makers both internally and externally
- Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios, customer value propositions, and practical technical & sales knowledge for Microsoft's Data & AI and cloud architecture strongly preferred
- Proven ability to coach and mentor a broad technical constituency preferred
- Location: ideally candidate will be based in the Redmond, WA area or West Coast time zone though open to any US location with ability to support a global community.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.