|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Bellevue, Washington, Sunnyvale, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced full stack Software Engineer excited about the confluence of consumer experiences and AI? Does the opportunity to be involved in state-of-the-art development, measurement and experimentation for critical user experiences like Search, News, Browser or Shopping sound inspiring to you? If so, this Senior Software Engineer position may be a perfect fit for you!
We are the Web Consumer Experiences & Technology team at Microsoft, working on large scale search, browse and content technologies across Bing, MSN and the Edge browser. As a team, we are passionate about building highly engaging & accessible products for all our users, and are actively looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can not only contribute to our existing platform, but help drive best practices for agile and robust software development.
We are a diverse & customer-obsessed team of Software Engineers, Data Scientists & Product Managers who collaborate to deliver products that delight our customers. There are lots of opportunities for growth and impact with our team - check out the responsibilities below!
As a Senior member of our team, your daily routine will involve:
- Engineering development for online, large scale, consumer applications.
- Implementing big data, distributed feature pipelines for online Machine Learning models.
- Build monitoring & metrics pipelines for measuring online KPIs and robustness of the platform.
- Developing modern ML tools & infrastructure for our Data Scientists.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related STEM field
- 7+ years of industry experience in Software Engineering; OSS experiences welcome!
- 7+ years of experience coding in C#, C/C++ or Java
- Experience with distributed computing: Azure, AWS or other cloud platforms highly desirable
- Strong problem solving & critical thinking capabilities
- Clear communication skills and demonstrated customer empathy
- Passionate and collaborative team player with drive to work in a fast-paced environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.