|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Bellevue, Washington, Sunnyvale, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced Data Science leader excited about web technology, and the confluence of consumer experiences and AI? Does the opportunity to drive best in class modeling, measurement and experimentation for critical user experiences like Search, News, Browser or Shopping sound inspiring to you? If so, this Principal Data & Applied Scientist leadership role may be a perfect fit for you!
We are the Web Consumer Experiences & Technology team at Microsoft, working on large scale search, browse and content technologies across Bing, MSN and the Edge browser. As a team, we are passionate about building highly engaging & accessible products for all our users, and are actively looking for scientists who can not only turbo-charge our current algorithms platform, but relentlessly drive state-of-the-art ML & data science solutions to production.
We are a diverse & customer-obsessed team of Software Engineers, Data Scientists & Product Managers with an ambitious vision for what our technology platform can do for consumers, we would love to hear your ideas too! Check out the responsibilities below!
As a Principal Data & Applied Scientist, your daily routine will involve:
- Determine problems to solve based on rigorous data analysis and complex customer requirements. Formulate problems mathematically/algorithmically.
- Build models, algorithms, and mechanisms in large scale production systems using A/B experimentation and using state-of-the-art research techniques.
- Collaborate with a global team of world-class researchers, scientists & engineers to solve very challenging problems.
- Act as a role model for clean algorithmic design, principled thinking, and good engineering practices.
- Live, breathe and demonstrate Microsoft's shared commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- MS/PhD degree in CS/EE or related areas (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics).
- 8+ years expertise and hands-on experience on one or more of machine learning, text analysis, statistics, information retrieval, natural language processing, computer vision, recommendations, with a strong understanding of both practical and theoretical aspects.
- Knowledge of C#, C++, Java or Python.
- Familiarity with distributed data processing/analysis and modeling paradigm, such as Map-Reduce and MPI is a plus.
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow also a plus.
- Passionate and collaborative team player with drive to work in a fast-paced environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.