|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure AI Platform spearheads Microsoft’s bold vision to democratize ML technology and make it available to every enterprise, developer and data scientist. Azure Machine Learning organization plays a major role in making this real by providing a secure, compliant and scalable Machine Learning platform in the cloud. Customers interact with the platform through the CLI, multi-language SDK and UI to operationalize their entire ML Lifecycle, from model development to deployment and beyond.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has experience with building scalable, distributed, highly available, and secure cloud services, and is passionate about empowering customers to achieve their best by harnessing the power of AzureML platform.
You will be joining the Azure ML Workspace Management team in Bellevue. The team is delivering next generation Secured AI Capabilities to the world, so that IT admins can provision and secure resources while data scientists can enrich their target customers experience with the magic of AI. As a team, we adopt a culture of meritocracy, bias towards taking big risks and failing fast, and value hacking together. You will join a team of talented engineers who love solving hard problems, and embrace open source.
If you are a hard-core developer and want to shape the future of AI, you should join us.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for:
- Write concise and clean code with sufficient unit tests
- Build reliable, scalable, high-performance services
- Design and implement new features as well as add functionality to existing systems
- Troubleshoot pre-production and production issues, implement and deploy fixes
- Participate in an on-call rotation (typically 24/7 for one week every 6-8 weeks)
- Being enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a great collaborator
- Being obsessed in making customers successful
- Help your manager mentor junior team members.
- 5+ years software design and development skills/experience
- Knowledge in C#, Python or equivalent programing languages
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree
- Experience with Machine Learning and OSS contributions
- Experience with maintaining live site quality
- Master’s or PhD’s degree in computer science or related areas
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passionate, self-motivated
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.