|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Issaquah, Washington, Miami, Florida, Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience strategy. This newly established organization reflects Microsoft’s ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft WW Support & Customer Success Programs (WW S&CSP) organization is responsible for driving the offerings, programs and enablement for Microsoft customers’ most important cloud engagements throughout the lifecycle. As part of the broader Customer Experience & Success organization, WW S&CSP delivers customer value through support and consumption, while meeting our contractual obligations and delivering an outstanding customer experience with speed, efficiency, and innovation. Together as One Microsoft, we help our customers shift to the cloud and evolve their business.
We are looking for a Director of Public Sector Customer Success Programs who will be driving impact by ensuring that the solutions created for the support and consumption motions meet the requirements for our government customers globally to accelerate the consumption of the Microsoft Cloud in this industry segment. It will be key to bring industry expertise and knowledge, cloud technical acumen, digital business transformation, knowledge of the support and consumption customer engagement, sound decision-making and operational excellence to bear is essential in this role. These capabilities are key for the successful leader to work across the matrix of Microsoft organizations/stakeholders and multiple global requirements to balance and ensure success in the complex tapestry that makes up the government sector.
As the Director of Public Sector Customer Success Programs, you will master our customer’s industry and business, the markets in which customers operate, and Microsoft’s capability to help them drive their digital transformation. The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, change management, and a principled approach to broad digital transformational challenges and opportunities in the Public Sector. The Public Sector Customer Success Programs Director will focus on bringing together a strong focus on both Microsoft technology advantages and Microsoft Public Sector Industry knowledge/solutions working with leaders from the Public Sector Globally to define Customer Success & Support blueprint for Public Sector Industry segment:
Strategic Leader: Build strategic relationships, developing new business through Envisioning by leading engagements with Industry knowledge & Solution plays
Transformation Leader: Reliably deliver the customer's desired goals and technology outcomes in an agile and flexible way
Orchestration Leader: Bring the best combined team to deliver the customers' desired outcomes
Your specific actions will include:
- Working with the Enterprise Operating Unit (EOU) industry teams, CE&S teams and WW Public Sector (WWPS) to jointly understand the end-to-end post-commit customer experience and customer journey
- Define and determine North Star
- Operationalize this journey in a way that meets the unique requirements of this customer set including:
- Define, develop and execute Public Sector focused offerings and associated go-to-market motions
- Define, develop and execute delivery models - proactive, reactive and consumption engagement
- Define, develop and execute Public Sector requirements, tooling, operational capabilities and measurements (data sovereignty, data residency and alignment to government audit requirements)
- Work closely with Public Sector Leaders Areas globally to understand and resolve Customer Experience blockers
- 10+ years of relevant experience building strategic business partnerships, operational strategies and documented execution through selling, consulting and delivering with Public Sector customers. Equally considered will be 10-15+ years of experience working within the Public Sector driving digital transformation
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience
- Strong ability to learn quickly, adapt, and master new concepts and technologies to be able to impact customer adoption and usage.
- Proven technical acumen
- Federal/National government sector experience and understanding of the industry competitive landscape is preferred.
- Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 50+ internal and external people) in global environments
- Proven ability to understand customer needs, create and deliver customized, customer-focused pitches and solutions
- Effectively navigate through ambiguity and complexities related to client management
- Embody "we-before-me" mindset
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run business, commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L ownership, business planning), product management, strategic planning and orchestration to execution.
- Executive Presence: owning relationships with PS Customer executives - CEO, CIO, CFO, COO, DTO and members of their office and influencing relationships with senior members of government
- Planning, Organizing and Executing: Ability to develops and communicate sound plans by determining the time, complexity and processes required to successfully achieve the outcome. Flexibility and agility to shift priorities as required, mitigate risks, and take proactive steps to prevent undesirable outcomes. Strong detail orientation, the ability to see the details and ensure their accuracy. Intellectually agile (multi-tasking, changing priorities, switch from process to strategic thinking (short term / long term).
- Operational Execution: Follows procedures and methodologies to contribute to plans to develop, build, and run processes. Ensures execution according to accepted procedures for consistency, accuracy and timeliness of delivery. Uses independent judgment and discretion to identify opportunities for improvement. Applies discretion to a tactical response within accepted policies, procedures, and performance expectations on a piece of a larger problem that may involve increased risk or revenue impact. Understands the concept of agility and looks for opportunities to evolve processes, services, and solutions and improve the customer, partner, or internal group experience to make future improvements.
- Cross-Group Collaboration: Works well with other people and can build a strong network within and outside the core workgroup. Strong written and verbal communications skills are necessary. Ability to lead team meetings, drive an agenda, yet be inclusive and enabling of others is critical to success in the role.
- Business Focus: Evaluates process and programs from all perspectives, considers all business needs and reactions when evaluating effort and trade-off decisions. Focuses on providing a positive experience to all Americas employees.
- Project Management: Solid project management skills, a sound approach, and a mild temper are keys to success in the role. The ability to be pragmatic, operational and hands-on to get things done is critical to the success of this role. Planning and executing on deliverables and being flexible to a fast moving environment must be something you enjoy and embrace!
- Inclusive Thinker: This person should have a knack for appreciating and embracing an inclusive work environment and bring that approach to their day-to-day work.
- Strong MS Suite skillset including PowerPoint, Excel & SharePoint proficiency.
- Understanding of the Microsoft Support and Customer Success business.
- Management/leadership experience in Consulting, Sales, Delivery Operations or Services.
Location: Candidate can work remotely from anywhere in the United States (preferred) or Internationally. Must be flexible on working hours to accommodate for meetings with a global team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.