|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
The Customer Success Leader is the most senior Customer Success resource within each solution area of the Microsoft Federal Customer Success Unit (CSU) reporting to the Customer Success Vice President. The Customer Success Leader is responsible for the overall business performance for their organization, including customer value realization (consumption) for Azure Applications and Infrastructure and financial performance of the support business. This role is chartered with optimizing the organization’s capabilities aligned with CSU business goals and championing consumption, exceptional proactive support delivery & operational excellence within their organization.
This role is further chartered with ensuring that necessary capabilities exist within their organization (technical intensity) and for creating and sustaining a culture of customer centricity, technical intensity, innovation, and growth mindset anchored in Microsoft’s values.
We are looking for a senior leader to serve as General Manager of Customer Success for Azure Applications and Infrastructure. The successful candidate will be a passionate, forward-thinking, hands-on leader with exceptional skills in developing and leading a highly technical team focused on Microsoft Azure services and customer support experience. This person will be very active in the in the day to day coaching of their management team, leading by example, ensuring that the organizations capabilities are aligned with Customer Success business goals, championing customer success through adoption of Azure services.
- Be the thought leader and advisor for technical integration and innovation within the area (MS Fed Apps & Infra Customer Success Unit).
- Maintain a strong and active network with other Customer Success Leaders, Customers, and Chief Architects to guide/council on technology trends, and cloud adoption.
- Be a strong voice / advocate to drive customer requirements with corporate product and engineering teams.
- Be a credible technical leader to both coach team and guide enterprise customers for larger impact and more sustainable cloud solutions.
- Accountable to overall cloud consumption within Azure Apps & Infra for MS Federal.
- Leading innovative solutions to maximize consumption and deliver business results.
- Be a vocal leader and customer champion in the MS Federal organization and with corporate product and engineering teams to elevate cloud adoption and the customer experience within proactive services.
- Collaborate across organizational leadership teams to establish targeted customer executive relationships that promote Microsoft’s business objectives in MS Federal.
- Own and drive the adoption and consumption of cloud services and proactive support offerings through discipline in RoB processes, identifying / prioritizing CS resources to key projects, escalation top blockers, and sponsoring systemic improvements to the customer support experience.
- Ensure a predictable and scalable customer engagement model is implemented across all MS Fed accounts leveraging CS resources, partners, and Microsoft Consulting Services.
- Deliver on financial commitments by managing to the budget for your business and delivering on quarterly financial accountabilities.
- Build and grow healthy teams through talent management, diversity and inclusion, coaching, and career development.
- Be a respected technology leader with the ability to attract, retain, and develop elite talent in the field.
- Inspire and foster a culture of customer-centricity and consumption, adoption and use through collaboration with peers and extended teams.
- 15+ years demonstrated experience including technology leadership, customer support delivery, product strategy, business leadership, sales, or directly within Customer Success field leadership.
- Extensive people leadership experience; inspiring and fostering a culture of customer centricity, attracting, developing, and retaining deep technical resources, and/or business and project management resources.
- Extensive experience managing complex project-based resources, dealing with ambiguous situations with can-do attitude across enterprise customers.
- Experience running a disciplined customer and business review process with cross functional teams, identifying and prioritizing blockers, and driving resolution through corporate product and engineering teams.
- Established track record as technical advisor on a leadership team building strong network with CIOs / CTOs, in enterprise accounts.
- Bachelor’s in business management, information technology, or related field, and/or equivalent experience. Masters or MBA preferred.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.