|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to lead an organization focused on driving customer success within the MS Fed DoD Azure Apps and Infrastructure team. This manager of managers role will very active in the day to da coaching of their management team, removing blockers to customer success, partnering with stake holders across MS Federal, and ultimately championing customer success through cloud consumption.
- Foster culture of customer-centricity, accountability, and collaboration
- Build strong client relationships
- Cultivate strong/active network of partners to drive consumption, deliver customer value
- Ensure customers are supported by partners by establishing a collaborative, customer-first relationship with partners
- Engage with appropriate Microsoft or Partner resources to ensure awareness and understanding of Customer Success organization and roles
- Advance customer interests by shaping the end-to-end customer experience
- Lead team to be proactive, agile and responsive to “Voice of Customer”
- Technical Leader
- Be a credible and trusted advisor to customers on their technology and business needs
- Remove blockers via escalation, scoping, feedback and coaching
- Deliver high standards of technical excellence in Customer Success teams
- Be a credible industry spokesperson on customer success and technology
- Be sought out for thought leadership to influence actions/results at senior levels
- People Management responsibility of a team comprised of Customer Engineers, Cloud Solution Architects, and their CSA Managers
- Attract, develop and retain a talented team of CSA Managers and Individual Contributors
- Form and develop diverse, high-performing Customer Success team
- Coach employees, be a role model, and lead by example
- Manage performance expectations, accountability for results, and recognition
- Create a diverse, inclusive, engaging and motivating environment
- Customer Success discipline and accountability
- Run regular ROB process, collect performance data and report performance on assigned business sector
- Engage regularly with customers for feedback on improving engagement with Microsoft
- Ensure execution of pipeline management, issue escalation, forecasting, and strategic plans
- Drive integrated customer planning to ensure seamless hand-offs between internal customer facing organizations
- Lead by example by bringing in other functions to act on Customer Success qualified leads or expansion opportunities
- Help CSA Managers, Customer Engineers, and Cloud Solution Architect resources connect to relevant Microsoft stakeholders and build relationships across the enterprise
- Leverage knowledge of Microsoft to work across groups, influence stakeholders, resolve issues, and manage risk
- 10+ years demonstrated experience leading business process, people management, and multi-faceted customer focused teams
- Demonstrated capability in selling and implementing solutions across large, global, complex customer projects
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain senior client and partner relationships to meet current and future customer needs
- Exceptional communication, team building and mentoring skills to create exceptionally strong morale and spirit among diverse teams
- People Management Experience - Experience with hiring, staffing, professional development coaching, and performance management required
- Competency in Negotiation & Conflict Management, Organizational Agility, Open Communications, Strategic Leadership, Dealing with
- Ambiguity & Change Management, and Managing Systems & Process
- Bachelor’s in business management, information technology, or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.