|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply and learn more!
Have you ever wanted to work on a startup/v1/greenfield product? Are you someone who dreams of building products resulting in a massive opportunity for Microsoft? Do you like working on big ideas, right from conceptualization to releasing great products that will not only delight our customers but also increase our revenue manifold? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are a team of engineers who have been building enterprise scale platforms and tools to run our own multi-billion-dollar businesses such as Finance, Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing etc. As a part of our “Go to Market” strategy, we are now looking beyond Microsoft and building products that will enable our partners and customers across the world to run their platforms at a massive scale on Microsoft Azure and generate revenue for Microsoft.
As a Principal Software Engineering Manager in CPE, you will have an amazing opportunity to define our strategy, design/develop products and build & grow a team from ground up. You will work closely with product teams across SAP and Azure and with both internal and external customers, gathering insights and adjusting our roadmap to build the right solutions and take them through the full product lifecycle.
- Partner across CSEO and Azure to build products that will be an instant hit with our customers.
- Collaborate with geographically distributed teams, including Program Managers and engineers across Microsoft.
- Provide technical direction, architecture, roadmap and insist on the highest standards resulting in high quality products.
- Recruit, lead, coach, and mentor a team of engineers so they all learn, grow, and succeed.
- Demonstrate a passion for customers and technology.
- Lead teams to build quick proof-of-concepts, validate approach and gather customer feedback.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 10 years' minimum experience in Software Engineering
- 5 years' minimum experience as a manager
- 10 years' minimum industry experience working on product development or software services.
- 5+ years of people management experience, exhibiting technical leadership over high performing, agile teams.
- Experience developing, debugging, and maintaining code in any programming language.
- Experience in creating reusable libraries, framework and/or SDK’s
- Experience with cloud computing.
- Knowledge of working with SAP or integrating with SAP is a plus.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code as well as build and deployment automation.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.