|Job Type:||Full Time|
The goal of the Customer Growth Analytics team is to foster a data-driven culture; to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data. In support of this mission, our Analytics & Inference team works closely with engineering, marketing, finance, and business leaders to identify opportunities for improving the customer experience and accelerating the growth of our business.
Our charter spans the breadth of Cloud + AI, where we design and deliver standardized views of business performance, identify salient trends, perform ad hoc analyses of historical data, define benchmarks and models for predicting upcoming performance, and surface key insights. As the availability of data and demand for analysis grows, we need a capable data scientist to help stakeholders across the organization better understand user behavior and service usage, create compelling offers, and optimize the customer experience.
- Become a subject matter expert in the Cloud + AI business and underlying data ecosystem.
- Design and implement statistical and ML based methods to identify changes in customer behavior, system performance, or financial results, and recommend actions to stakeholders based on the insights.
- Deliver accurate and timely standardized reporting and analysis in support of ongoing business reviews and planning processes.
- Educate users about how to leverage data as an asset for their particular function.
- Manage vendor workloads and ensure quality delivery on a timely basis
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, business intelligence, or data driven business strategy.
- 4+ years of strong hands-on skills in SQL, R, or Python to implement statistical models, machine learning, and analysis (prediction, classification, clustering, time series forecasting, regression models, etc).
- Functional knowledge of cloud computing and online services business models, including business, technical, and operational metrics.
- Previous product analytics experience where telemetry data was used to understand how customers interacted with a product or service, which features were most used, and what experiences led to customer friction or trouble.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management ability including effective prioritization, clear concise communication, and delivery of actionable data driven insights.
- Show good business acumen and strong passion for the need to deliver right business impact by unearthing deep insights from data.
- MBA is a plus
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES/INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex problems/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
- Effective presentation skills and experience with engaging audiences of all levels.
- Effective in rapidly evolving environments and working across organizational boundaries.
- Creative, innovative, organized thinker, with a high attention to detail.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.