|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
As Microsoft boldly proclaims a mission of empowerment, our Industry footprint is where the impact will be felt most. The Regulated Industry organization serves 5 core Industries in the United States (U.S.) - Federal Government, Financial Services, State and Local Government, Healthcare and Education – supporting customers on their digital ambitions across the U.S. and around the globe. As Microsoft continues to grow and win successively larger Prime Contractor Programs, our Regulated Industries Team needs Cloud Program Managers (CPM) to lead and execute these programs across our customer base. We are looking for a program manager capable of driving growth across the continuum of our products, cloud services and partner solutions. The core of the CPM’s role is a relentless focus on customer success and customer outcomes. As a part of our Customer Success Unit, the Cloud Program Manager leads the entire cycle of program management from capture through program execution.
The Cloud Program Manager will lead a matrixed team across Microsoft, our partners and customer personnel as appropriate. The Cloud Program Manager’s focus is to help the Customer Success Unit and key stakeholders drive the capture strategy, partner strategy, planning, and team operations for the execution of large enterprise deals at Microsoft for accounts in the Intelligence Community. The Cloud Program Manager will be a key and strategic partner across the business, become a trusted advisor and business partner to the broader Industry team operating at highest levels of the company
Customer Success Management
- Lead and Partner with Program Stakeholders and Customers to achieve their goals for digital transformation while maximizing Microsoft’s position across the digital estate within a customer and program.
- Coordinate with various product and services teams within Microsoft and its Partner Ecosystem and introduce those products and services to customers to enhance digital transformation in alignment with customer objectives and program outcomes.
- Lead and direct large enterprise cloud implementations across multiple projects, workstreams and external and internal teams.
- Ensure the successful implementation of Program Objectives. Develop schedules for program milestones, reviews, customer interfaces and internal milestone tracking.
- Develop strong internal relationships across a matrixed team of Account Executives, Technical Architects, Engineering, Services and Support for the successful execution of program objectives.
- Lead, direct and drive annualized growth and financial performance across multiple engagements in the account space.
- Lead face-to-face customer reviews with senior management and establish trusted customer relationships that enable the customer to reach success in the shortest amount of time possible.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned business professional with multi-disciplinary experience, who has the aspiration and potential to grow as a broad business leader, especially in leading multi-year, large Azure cloud engagements of $5m-$250m
- Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Building long term relationships and key influencers
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
- 5+ years of experience leading enterprise IT programs as a program manager
- Leadership experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Prior work experience in a Program Management position within a software and/or services company such as SalesForce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, HP, ServiceNow, Dell, Rackspace, Softlayer
- Federal Industry experience required
- Travel ranges from 0-25% depending on location and assignments
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.