|Job Type:||Full Time|
ResponsibilitiesAs a senior program manager you will be responsible coordinating across multiple development teams to define and develop scalable features and capabilities that meet evolving customer and business needs. Some of your responsibilities will include
- Applying a customer focused mindset to analyzing problems, designing solutions and prioritizing development activities
- Applying a data-drive approach to sizing problems, identifying gaps and prioritizing new features and/or improvements to existing services
- Leading design thinking and leveraging team’s ability to create customer focused features and functionality
- Partnering with business stakeholder teams to understand business requirements and translate them to engineering deliverables
- Creating clear vision and scope for the projects, drive alignment and communication across various development teams to ensure overall success to meet the customer goals
- Managing one or more medium to large programs across multiple development teams using appropriate project management tools and controls to help manage and communicate program deliverables, timelines and risks
- Representing the program(s) in senior-level leadership meetings, both internally and externally
- Developing and sustaining strong working relationships with business teams, finance, engineering teams and external partners.
- Strong problem-solving skills, communication and ability to dive into details and cohesively help drive decisions to resolve issues
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience as technical program manager or technical product manager
- Prior eCommerce experience in atleast one of the following areas - order management, billing, financial systems, payments or store front applications
- Experience managing programs and working development teams involving one or more of the following areas - web services, large data sets & data pipelines, customer facing applications and tools and financial systems (such as ERP, SAP etc)
- Experience in Big Data platform such as Azure datalake, Spark, Hadoop etc a PLUS
- Experience in migrating on-premise applications to cloud services IaaS, Paas, a PLUS
- Excellent data-wrangling, scripting, rapid prototyping and data analysis skills
- Experience and proven ability to impact and influence cross functional teams, drive and deliver projects covering one or more ecommerce related areas
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.