|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure HPC & AI compute platform team drives the hardware roadmap, software and services that enable our users to run technical computing workloads in Azure - from batch workloads to AI & machine learning to traditional HPC simulations to remote visualization. We are responsible for providing the most scalable MPI platform as well as the most powerful GPU clusters for our end customers in their quest for finding answers to some of the most difficult questions of science and industry. This is an exciting time for HPC & AI, as they are undergoing a massive shift with rapid technology innovation cycles and cloud adoption.
At this critical juncture, we are looking for an entrepreneurial, highly passionate senior program manager to join our HPC & AI compute platform team. You’ll define the product strategy and work end-to-end in seeing your vision be turned into amazing customer value in Azure. The results of your work will have broad customer and Microsoft impact. You’ll be part of a world class team working with high-caliber individuals as you envision, plan, design, and deliver key innovations across multiple compute VM families with focus on the latest infrastructure leveraging GPUs, CPUs and other accelerators. You role will require deep collaboration across Azure product groups, our field, partners and customers to deliver the workload optimized solutions for AI & HPC scenarios. A successful candidate will have experience/interest in AI & HPC workloads with passion for large scale applications [think supercomputer scale]. It is critical for this candidate to have or to be able to develop long term relationships with stakeholders at key customers.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field OR 4+ years equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years of technical program management or software engineering experience
- Proven program/product manager with strong history of delivering highly effective and collaborative projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
- Passion for solving complex customer facing problems with engineering to improve both the product and customer experiences
- Demonstratable knowledge of the HPC & AI computing environment including common capabilities in this space like: machine learning, deep learning, data mining common frameworks and techniques, understanding application patterns and issues affecting AI & HPC distributed applications, high performance storage and parallel file systems, MPI interfaces with fast-interconnect fabric like InfiniBand
- Creativity in thinking, strong technical and analytical skills with experience delivering features in a services environment
- Strong communication and partnership skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.