|Location:||Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Issaquah, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a dynamic customer obsessed, change management leader who is looking to influence strategy and execution while transforming the Microsoft customer experience? Are you a result oriented, highly collaborative business leader with a growth mindset, who has experience leading large scale organizational changes and landing of net new strategies and programs to support an inspiring mission?
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is embarking on an unprecedented journey to provide a differentiated and connected customer experience. Through the Connected Customer Experience strategy, our aim is to build a differentiated, end-to-end customer experience that delights our customers across every touchpoint. It is an amazing time for our industry. Microsoft has an opportunity to be a customer experience market leader and we need your leadership to help us act on it.
As Change Management Program Manager within the Business Strategy & Programs team, you will partner to ensure agile change planning, governance, and change management processes across all initiatives that accrue to enabling our Connected Customer Experience strategy across the Microsoft ecosystem. You will be laser focused on creating agile, scalable, repeatable change related processes that enable increased visibility, connection and alignment across Microsoft stakeholders/organizations enabling a truly connected strategic initiative decision making process, portfolio, and roadmap. From planning to execution, this team owns the planning, intake, prioritization, and/or roadmap management from a portfolio and change management perspective. This is a high impact and high visibility role that will enable the newly formed CE&S organization to realize its goals. Collaborating across multiple large organizations including Support, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Services, Finance, and Legal is an essential part of the job.
This exciting opportunity provides visibility across CE&S and multiple organizations across Microsoft. This change management role is essential to the vision of the organization as being recognized as the world leader in customer experience, success, and support. This role calls for a balance of leadership, ability to navigate complex stakeholders/landscape, influence skills and individual contributions. You must be able to work well under pressure, have low ego with high confidence and interpersonal awareness, willing and able to partner effectively with diverse stakeholders, deliver impact under tight deadlines and must be flexible with strong ability to be effective during ambiguity and uncertainty.
Your direct accountabilities will include:
- Change Management & Adoption: Lead in the design, development, and management of a comprehensive change framework and program to enable effective deployment, landing and ongoing adoption of changes that impact customers, partners, and Microsoft team members. Apply a structured change management methodology to ensure global adoption of new processes, roles. experiences, capabilities, and tools.
- Partner with Customer Support, Customer Success change leaders and Area/ Regional teams to implement and land key change management initiatives.
- Build and execute holistic change strategies for complex transformation initiatives. Drive cross-functional stakeholder alignment, engagement, and buy-in.
- Conduct impact and barrier analyses, maturity level assessments via stakeholder interviews and review existing processes to identify pain points and gaps.
- Support detailed change management activities including needs analysis, assessment of change readiness, communications, and guiding training teams to ensure an integrated approach.
- Engage closely with program management teams and key initiatives to ensure change leadership behavior modeling, change vision and narrative, change enablement activities, and change strategies are integrated to delivery and execution.
- Strategic Planning: Work across the Microsoft ecosystem to develop, implement and manage scalable and efficient processes and systems for identifying and prioritizing change initiatives needed to enable end goal of creating customer value by accelerating consumption and usage, delivering an easy and connected experience, and building trust through customer centricity.
- Agile Governance: Manage a change management office (or aspects within) with speed and agility from planning to execution, which includes designing supporting processes and tooling requirements. Act as a change agent to shift from a waterfall to agile change management approach. Ensure all priorities and initiatives are committed across Microsoft and track progress and outcomes on inflight and net new strategic initiatives.
Key Capabilities & Behaviors
- 10+ years of experience in change management and experience in management, consulting, strategy, business planning, ideally in the technology or customer experience sector. Preferred candidate will have knowledge of general change management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Experience with large scale transformation engagements and in applying agile, lean methodology to solving enterprise-wide problems and enabling increased efficiency and effectiveness in realizing business goals.
- Strong leadership, executive presence, organizational agility, ability to impact and influence senior level leaders across the company; Ability to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for customer experience, transformation, and acting as a change agent.
- Ability to act as a liaison between business stakeholders and development teams to ensure successful technical fulfillment of business requirements.
- Clear, concise, and convincing communications – both written and oral
- Proactive, forward thinking and ability to synthesize disparate information effectively and quickly into clear recommendations, actions, and decisions.
- Project management skills, ability to develop and execute processes that facilitate collaboration, leadership team effectiveness and impact.
- Forward thinking and strategic, yet pragmatic and operationally savvy, with a commitment to a job well done.
- Relevant Bachelors’ degree or experience commensurate with job expectations for this leadership position.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the U.S. You can expect limited global travel, less than 25%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.