Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
- Discover Home Loans is the #1 lender of closed-end second mortgages, according to 2019 HMDA data on total number of funded loans which is available at FFIEC Home Mortgage Disclosure Act website.
- Discover Home Loans is the top lender in the U.S. for closed-end second mortgages, based on 2019 HMDA data for total number of funded loans, available at FFIEC Home Mortgage Disclosure Act website.
- Discover Home Loans helped more homeowners get a closed-end second mortgage than any other lender in 2019, according to HMDA data on total number of funded loans which is available at FFIEC Home Mortgage Disclosure Act website
Class Start Date: February 22, 2021
Shift Requirements: Start times of 6:00am, 9:00am, 10:30am and 12:30pm M-F with weekends
Handles communication with customers and performs a variety of functions focused on completing applications for applicants. During that communication proactively sells the loan to the customer along with other benefits. Ensures that all portions of the application are accurate to help identify and then eliminate potential risks for the business. Helps drive applications to completion to increase receivables.
Full Time Benefits
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
What You'll Do
- Communicates with customer on loan acquisition calls.
- Provides customers with consultative sales-based conversations. Sells the features and benefits of the loan.
- Facilitates components of the credit application process including, but not limited to, identity verification, judgmental review, negotiation of loan terms, applicant agreement of loan offer, and completion of the loan application
Qualifications You’ll Need
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Service, Sales, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 2+ years of experience in Sales
- A quiet workspace
- Internet service with a minimum speed of 5mbps
- Personal smartphone or tablet
Keeping our employees safe is a key focus at Discover. This position is based in our North Phoenix, Arizona call center. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we may ask you to be onsite on day 1 for equipment pickup and New Hire Orientation. From there your training and/or work will be remote until the situation with Covid-19 allows us to move back into our building.
*At Discover’s discretion this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time.
Individuals in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in any capacity, with access to consumer credit transactions secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.