|Job Type:||Full Time|
The opportunity around intelligent edge devices is significant and growing – there are already more connected things than people in the world! These devices, ranging from tiny MCU based sensor devices to powerful devices in cars, drones and datacenters, have profound impact to our daily lives; from how we live, how we work, how we learn and how we connect. The Microsoft Azure Edge Devices team is working on creating the next generation of intelligent edge devices across a wide range of form factors, device archetypes and AI technologies to enable application scenarios, provide in-depth business insights and safeguard the security and privacy of our data.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for UX innovators, disruptors and problem solvers. For this role, you will design customer and user focused experiences that are both new and would not have been possible a short time ago. You will approach complex problems with simple and elegant HW/SW solutions that are intuitive, simple, and useful.
- Deliver world-class interaction designs from initial concept to shipping product.
- Responsible for researching and designing useful, usable, desirable, and feasible interactions that delight end users and customers.
- Solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways that blend together brand, visual, motion and sound to create delightful experiences.
- Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, UX flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
- Experience in delivering low and high-fidelity prototyping, embracing iterative process and understand that success comes sooner with trial and error.
- Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, industrial designers, and external agencies to iterate and deliver.
Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in interaction design and information architecture.
- Portfolio demonstrating design across a range of UX experiences
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills to tell your design stories to fellow designers, developers, and product management.
- Experience creating prototypes or wireframes for complex web applications and/or workflows.
- Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers or other niche user bases
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user insights (e.g. usability studies, design focused user research)
Nice to have:
- Experience building Hardware focused UX solutions.
- History of impacting shipping products with your work.
- Graphic Design background
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.