|Job Type:||Full Time|
IndustrialDesigner – Azure Edge Devices
The opportunity around intelligent edge devices is significant and growing – there are already more connected things than people in the world! These devices, ranging from tiny MCU based sensor devices to powerful devices in cars, drones and datacenters, have profound impact to our daily lives; from how we live, how we work, how we learn and how we connect. TheMicrosoft Azure Edge Devicesteam is working on creating the next generation of intelligent edge devices across a wide range of form factors, device archetypes andAItechnologies to enable application scenarios, provide in-depth business insights and safeguard the security and privacy of our data.
We aregrowingfastand are looking foran Industrial Designerto join our team and shape the next wave ofcomputing.For this role, youwilldesigncustomer focusedproducts andexperiencesthatare both new andwould not have been possible a short time ago. You willapproach complex problems with simple and elegant HWsolutionsthat arebothintuitiveand useful.
- Deliver world-classIndustrialDesigns from initial concept toproduction.
- Responsible for researching and designing useful, usable, desirable, and feasibleIndustrial Designsthat delight end users and customers.
- Solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive waysthat blend together brand,userinsights,technical requirements, and manufacturability.
- Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand what the bestexperience should be:usingstorytelling skills,animations,renderings, prototypes, and vision pieces.
- Experience in delivering low and high-fidelity prototyping, embracing iterative process and understand that success comes sooner with trial and error.
- Work closely and constructively with product management,engineering, industrial designers,and external agenciesto iterate and deliver.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
- Undergraduate or graduate level degree in Industrial Design
- Portfolio demonstrating creative range across a variety of categories
- Minimum 5+ years of experience inIndustrial Design.
- At least2 years backgroundworking on technology products
- Demonstrated abilityand proficiency invisual communication
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and defend an informed point of view
- Track record of translating program objectives into innovative design solutions
- Fluencyin 2D&3D design tools(i.e. Solidworks, Rhino, Catia, Creo, Adobe Suite, KeyShot, Cinema 4D, etc.)
- Strong foundation and understanding of materials, manufacturing processes, and design implementation
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Nice to have:
- Experience buildingtechnology-basedhardware products
- History of impacting shipping products with your work
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.