|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure ExpressRoute provides direct network connectivity allowing enterprise customers to reach Azure bypassing the Internet. Microsoft’s most important customers use ExpressRoute to access their mission-critical applications running in Azure. We have partnered with nearly major network carriers in the world privately connecting Microsoft’s network to to the carrier’s network infrastructure. After 6 years and serving thousands of enterprise customers we are now looking at a new architecture to better scale into the future . In this role you will be responsible for driving a new ExpressRoute platform.
- Define platform and service requirements
- Run engineering calls with partners during the ExpressRoute onboarding process
- Onboard partners, verify and validate design, connectivity and configuration of networks, and conduct end to end testing to connect partner’s networks into Azure via ExpressRoute
- Address ExpressRoute architecture and technical design questions for partners and customers
- Work with Microsoft’s field teams to answer customer queries and issues re. connectivity to ExpressRoute
- Create and maintain technical documentation on ExpressRoute features, specifications, FAQ’s and processes
- Work with Ops support teams to troubleshoot and resolve alerts and customer and partner support issues
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field OR 4+ years equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years Program Management experience defining and shipping products
- Deep networking experience and understanding of network technologies
- Experience working with network carriers
- Familiarity with Software Defined Networking concepts and technologies
- Strong, demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Experience interacting with strategic partners and enterprise customers
- Demonstrated leadership and strong cross-team skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.