|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come be a part of making One Microsoft a reality. The Office Core Experience team is working across the company to help teams build and share product components through the Office UI Fabric project, available on GitHub. Our passion is for applications in and outside of Microsoft to be built faster, with consistent pixel-perfect precision according to our design language, high performance goals, and accessibility targets. If we work together, we build things better.
Being at the center of the Office Software Engineering team will give you the opportunity to have a significant and highly visible impact on the products across Microsoft. In this role, you will have an opportunity to go outside your product boundaries to help teams be more productive. Your code will ship in not just a single product, but in nearly all Microsoft products as well as 3rd party scenarios.
- We work on Opensource React native tooling and tooling used to build shared libraries and applications.
- We work with TypeScript, tslint, node.js, webpack, and git/github/vsts.
- We interact with many product teams across Microsoft, as well as 3rd party customers, to integrate shared code and to understand their needs.
- When teams have fundamental problems, we drive for robust solutions, which may require re-documenting and refactoring code to meet new requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Some background in one or more languages including: C#, C++, Java, Swift, Objective-C
- Knowledge and passion for OSS libraries and community strongly desired
- Experience owning and developing UX features end-to-end
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.