|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come drive the machine learning customer growth strategy at Microsoft! Are you passionate about using machine learning to solve customer scenarios? Are you a data scientist or AI developer interested in the PM discipline–or seasoned technical PM passionate about defining and building capabilities to enable customers to solve their business problems using AI? If so, this is the job for you!
Azure Machine Learning is a fast-paced product group within the Microsoft Cloud and Artificial Intelligence division. We are building the machine learning development platform that makes it easy for all data scientists and AI developers to create and deploy robust and highly scalable ML solutions in the cloud– using the best of the open source ecosystem and innovation from inside the company and the latest breakthroughs in research.
- Product Definition - Deeply engage with customers and partners and use your knowledge of data science and ML to define products that will enable customers to effectively use ML for their business scenarios. Drive definition of the problem space, solutions and product strategy. Drive for clarity and alignment using written narratives for a) defining the problem and solutions using customer evidence, b) guiding product strategy with customer feedback, and c) informing the direction using metrics.
- Execution – Drive product development ensuring implementation is aligned with customer objectives, product goals and product positioning. Demonstrate good judgement and earn trust by helping the development team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements and operational excellence of the product. You will understand and analyze the interplay of hardware and software architectures and collaborate across the company to guide the direction of machine learning.
- Ownership – You will be responsible for product success in the market by working across organizations with customers’ data scientists, and Microsoft product and business teams–engaging marketing and field teams to drive the product into market.
- 2+ years of hands-on data science and machine learning experience
- 5 + years of leading technical customer engagements with enterprise level customers".
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or engineering related discipline.
- Hands-on experience in building data science and machine learning solutions with open source tools (scikit-learn, Spark, Tensorflow, PyTorch etc.) for enterprise customers.
- Passion for building a product for Data Scientists, eagerness to build tools that help them be more productive
- Data scientists that want to transition to a Program Management role are encouraged to apply.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on communicating technical requirements and solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
Background Check Requirements: (US Government Sites)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.