|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you have passion around business model innovation, cloud technologies and digital transformation, come join our team! The Business Planning and Commercial Licensing team drives business model and monetization strategies for Microsoft’s entire Commercial portfolio, including Azure, M365, Windows, Data and AI services. We are looking for strategic thinker and problem solver to drive business model and pricing innovations in Internet of Things (IoT) and Mixed Reality (MR) space.
IoT and MR are at the forefront of transforming industries, companies, and people’s everyday lives. At Microsoft, we are expanding our portfolio of IoT and MR offerings across the intelligent edge and Azure intelligent cloud. We are looking for an individual that loves incubation/startup environments and is passionate about business strategies, business models, and data-driven decision making. To be successful in this role you need to be an analytical problem solver who can work across engineering, marketing, finance, licensing, and sales to design business strategies, define business models & pricing, and drive execution. This role sits in the central business planning team in the Cloud Marketing organization. It is a role that will give you the opportunity to help shape one of our fastest growing businesses and transform industries with cutting edge innovative IoT & MR offerings.
As an IoT & MR Business Planner, you will define the business strategy and pricing models for a range of offerings across products and services like Hololens, Azure Maps, Azure Remote Rendering, Azure Spatial Anchors etc. The business models you build are a critical component to Microsoft’s success and growth across intelligent edge and cloud.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Leading cross-functional teams to create, implement, and refine IoT business models holistically across devices, intelligent edge and cloud
- Developing market and customer insights to formulate business model recommendations including SKU line-up, pricing, promotions and service meters
- Setting the business model strategy and influencing Engineering’s product portfolio strategy and roadmap towards the desired business outcomes
- Partnering with engineering, product marketing, licensing, finance, and other teams to drive long-range planning and cross-discipline initiatives for exceptional IoT & MR business results and future growth
- Developing key metrics, forecasts, and reporting in partnership with finance and engineering to monitor business performance
- Ensuring internal and external business model and packaging content is up-to-date to help support marketing on field education and readiness
- Strong analytics and ability to define novel business models and pricing approaches that unlock business growth
- Proven ability to create and articulate a strategy, problem solve, influence others, and drive planning
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and adaptability with a knack to influence senior leaders
- Ability to influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment
- 5+ years’ experience in either management consulting, strategy, licensing/pricing, business and data analysis, or similar.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.