|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Storage is growing its backend development team focused on providing the world's lowest cost cloud based storage. Azure Archive Storage was built from the ground up to provide secure, low-cost, and energy efficient storage capable of preserving Exabytes of data for generations. We are looking for software engineers interested in helping us fulfill our vision of providing a storage service capable of satisfying the worlds ever increasing demand for cloud-based archival storage.
In this role, developers will participate on a team of highly-technical engineers to build and deliver a cloud service with many new algorithmic and scalability challenges. You will have an opportunity to make high impact contributions that enable our next generation archival storage hardware. Come help us advance our hyperscale storage system used daily by millions around the globe. If you're passionate about distributed storage and thrive in dealing with durability, availability, scalability, and concurrency, we'd love to talk to you.
- Design, write, and deliver cloud storage software on a team which obsesses about durability, availability, and scalability
- Provide insights which influence team direction and product design
- Build and operate systems to manage specialized storage system hardware
An ideal candidate will bring:
- Experience working on large scale distributed services
- Capability to perform technical deep-dives into service design, operating systems and storage
- Experience with Windows Azure / AWS
- The ability to build and influence broadly towards common goals and priorities
- A firm sense of accountability for end-to-end project lifecycle
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing hyper scale distributed systems and critical production service environments
- 5+ years programming experience in any of C#, C, C++ or Java
- BS+ in computer science or related technical fields OR equivalent years of professional experience
- Experience with distributed programming models
- Experience with multi-threaded/concurrent programming
- Excellence in software engineering practices and coding
- Proven ability to plan, schedule, and deliver quality software
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.