|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for an HR manager who is passionate about influencing and impacting high growth and dynamic businesses through effective management (both proactive and reactive) of employee relations and related activities. This person will be a member of the HR Consulting team accountable for managing employee relations cases across the entire C+AI organization while analyzing trends and building linkages to management development, retention efforts, and HR business intelligence activity.
The Cloud + Artificial Intelligence (C+AI) group is leading the way to enable Microsoft’s Cloud-First/Mobile-First strategy, and to transform both the industry and the future of enterprise computing. Our HR Consulting team provides world class HR service to the ~30,000 US managers and employees of C+AI
- Performance Review - You conduct one-on-one consulting/coaching with managers on performance management and development-related processes based on established training agenda and communication plans; you conduct or design training sessions/events for employees and managers.
- Investigation - You assist/partner with Employee Relations Investigations Team (ERIT) or Office of Legal Compliance (OLC) in investigations of serious cases and implement appropriate remediation in conjunction with a business, region, or geography; you may lead the investigations for a business, region, or geography where resources are limited; you ensure appropriate documentation of issues is in place.
- Issue Management - You lead the diagnostics and resolution of issues with increasing complexity and risk related to policy or culture concerns/violations and incident or threat response independently or by collaborating with managers/peers in Human Resources and Legal professions as appropriate; you recommend solutions to address issues based on established principles and culture, while prioritizing employee experiences to maintain a safe and professional work environment.
HR Projects and Programs
- Administration - You drive the execution, implementation, and/or operation of scalable Human Resources programs (e.g., Rhythm of Business (ROB)/performance and development cycle, management excellence communities, employee movement, ad-hoc projects); you act as a liaison to collaborate with Center of Excellence (COE) and a business, region, or geography.
- Communication - You leverage, align, and integrate communication strategies and messages from the Center of Excellence (COE) and customize the messages (e.g., resource documents, training documents, presentations, web-based information) for a business, region, or geography.
- Design and Implementation - You lead the design and implementation of local HR projects or programs (e.g., critical positions retention, mid-year performance checkpoint) based on the unique needs of a business, region, or geography.
HR Solutions Consulting
- Data Analytics - You conduct, inform, and/or participate in cross-functional data analysis related to processes managed, with data supported by HRBI/HR Report; you partner with Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) on organizational health diagnostics to identify and present trends/insights in a structured way; you escalate risks and concerns related to organizational health; you interpret reports based on the business/local context; you make ad-hoc, data-driven recommendations by doing research and communicating with business leaders.
- HR Support and Knowledge - You provide expert consulting services to managers and employees in one or more focus areas related to HR programs, processes, and initiatives; you engage and collaborate with HR partners to influence the decision-making related to managed programs, processes, and initiatives; you analyze the situations for a business, region, or geography and offer perspectives as a subject matter expert.
Operational CompliancPolicy Compliance - You understand and apply Microsoft values and current HR policies regarding managed projects and programs (e.g., leave and retirement, immigration, performance improvement program); you advise employees and managers on compliance to policies and procedures.
7+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes OR 5+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes with Bachelor’s degree
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Society for Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM- CP)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.