|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about Networking, Cloud Computing, and large-scale Distributed Systems? Are you interested in both software and hardware, optimizing large scale systems to improve efficiency and reliability? Are you structured and data driven in developing strategies and making complex decisions?
The Azure Storage and Networking team is looking for a Principal Program Manager to work closely with other PM’s, Software Engineers, and Finance to develop and drive continuous cost reductions, margin improvements, and efficiency gains across the portfolio. You will define strategy for reducing our cost profile while ensuring consistent quality of service and continuity of supply. You will need a broad and deep understanding of our technical architecture and business strategy, with a passion for driving continuous improvement. You will be responsible for tackling hard problems on cost efficiency work across both physical infrastructure and services, collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, and working across partner teams in Azure Core (Networking, Storage, and Compute). You will need to be able to understand, evaluate, balance, and represent many different points of view. You will bring structured analysis, along with a drive for results. You need to have a passion for data and the principles behind decisions to rapidly make decisions that have impact for years to come. You will be consistently collaborating with senior leaders in the organization and helping mentor others on the team and help them develop their strategies in related areas.
- Responsible for large components our core financial KPI’s
- Contributing to multi-year roadmaps for our cost profile
- Analyzing and modeling projected tradeoffs and benefits for a portfolio of initiatives
- Constantly anticipating customer needs we will have three years from now and ensuring we are building to be ready
- Partner strongly with a wide array of disciplines and teams
- 10+ years of professional experience in technical product management
- 3+ years in cloud-based businesses
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related disciplines or equivalent combination of work plus education (MBA a plus)
- Strong experience in at least two of the following with some experience (possibly informal) in a third: Network Technology, Engineering, Finance, or Data Science (including machine learning)
- Experiences in cost modeling, forecasting, and P&L management
- Product management experience leading a cloud service, ideally in networking
- Excels working in a cross functional matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.