|Job Type:||Full Time|
PowerBI is quite possibly the most exciting Microsoft service today. We have one of the fastest growing user bases, we are at the top of all the Cloud BI offerings in the industry with a big and passionate community around us.
This also entails a continuous search to improve our architecture to scale for the fast growing service.
The MWC service team is the backend team for Power BI. We are currently expanding our team to build a container-based architecture able to support many of the workloads we would like to host for Power BI.
Additionally, we rely on other different Azure technologies like Service Fabric, SQL Azure, REDIS cache, Service Bus, APIM, Blob storage, Document DB, Azure Data Lake, Kusto, etc.
We are looking for passionate developers with well-rounded experiences working with all service aspects of high throughput and multi-tenant services, ability to design components carefully, properly handle errors, write clean and well-factored code with good tests and good maintainability and an ability to program proficiently in C#.
Familiarity with containers, big data, machine learning and data analytics would be a bonus. You should thrive on the services lifestyle. A desire to build out large and profitable business working with a small and agile team is a plus.
The right candidate should also care deeply about delighting the customer and iteratively improving all aspects of that experience.
- 4+ yrs. software development experience
- Deep knowledge of C# (preferable), Java, or C++ with solid engineering practices.
- Passion for building performant scalable services. Experience with Azure/AWS or other cloud computing platforms is a plus.
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging skills.
- Passion for quality with experience designing and implementing automated tests, including unit tests and integration tests.
- Effective communication skills.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering