|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our technology moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path, across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer to come join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences in an exciting new project. Rooted in your passion to provide the best possible experience for customers, you will partner with engineers, scientists, program managers, designers, and leaders across many teams to deliver engaging mixed reality entertainment experiences as well as products to innovate and improve a variety of fields.
- Partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Designers to architect, implement, and support products that have broad and deep technical impact.
- Work with bleeding edge technologies and hardware to deliver ground-breaking experiences and capabilities.
- Develop strategies to adapt, transform, and evolve current capabilities and technology into the next opportunities
- Build and manage a high performing, diverse team to best deliver across a variety of opportunities.
- Leverage the latest AI, Machine Learning, and Computer vision capabilities into the design of our mixed reality products.
- Use your strong skills in written and oral communications, a can-do attitude, and the willingness to tackle hard ambiguous problems in innovative way to guide teams to delivery successfully to customers.
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or similar engineering degree, or 10+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Experience working in collaborative software development environments such as Azure Dev Ops, Github, Gerrit, etc.
- 10+ years with C/C++/C#
- 2+ experience with data engineering, building data pipelines, telemetry instrumentation, collection, transformation, and reporting.
- Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills.
- Great written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous technical challenges with incomplete data.
- Ability to work cross team; and build environment that promotes collaboration.
- Experience shipping high quality 3D games as part of a AAA studio or 3D applications as part of a product team
- Working with the latest game engine tools and techniques
- Experience bootstrapping a business initiative or startup
- Experience in early phase R&D in games or related fields
- Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality, Game Development experience
- Experience working with computer vision algorithms.
- Master’s degree in computer science or database systems
- Experience with embedded hardware devices
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.