|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be on the leading edge of cloud data governance and privacy? Microsoft has world-class data privacy and data governance initiatives through programs that focused on achieving GDPR and CCPA Compliance. The Azure Data Governance team is responsible for developing services and tooling that deliver on our Data Subject Rights promises as a company.
Microsoft is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Program Manager to join the Azure Data Governance team. In this role, you will partner with teams across Microsoft to create features, build platform, drive adoption, and ensure the success of our Data Subject Rights (DSR) program. The primary role is to understand internal customer requirements, and create next generation capabilities that enable Microsoft to deliver the best customer experience for customers wanting to access, delete, or export the data that Microsoft stores.
Successful candidates will bring a growth mindset, great cross-group collaboration skills, strong data and technical background, and a passion for data privacy and compliance.
The successfully candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Drive strategy for evolving our privacy data governance solution for internal customers
- Cross team and cross group collaboration to build the platform to power the privacy, compliance solutions
- Lead technical and compliance conversations with customers to prioritize, define, and validate data compliance feature
- Work with internal customers to understand requirements and pain points across different data fabrics
- Partner with teams across Azure Data to influence data fabric roadmaps
- Develop and participate in partner engagement activities
- Collaborate with privacy program managers on privacy and compliance policy
- BS or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Program Manager
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills
- Previous experience as a product developer is a strong plus
- Proven track record of:
- working successfully with large multi-national corporate customers, developing relationships and using customer empathy to understand and capture the customer's requirements,
- quickly come up to speed on a variety of technologies and using that knowledge to drive product requirements/direction,
- working with developers and technology partners to drive product deliverables
- defining the vision and then successfully delivering major components of successful cloud services.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next customer
- The ability to partner closely with both internal and external customers and partners
- Knowledge of the market and industry: competitors and customer needs
- Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of data and cloud services
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.