|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Success Technical Strategists is a newly established global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and best practices and continuously advance our technical skillset. We are Okta’s product experts, and we enable Okta's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing advice.
You will lead a newly formed team of CS Tech Strategists, who will provide highest level technical advisory service to our largest customers by providing strategic guidance over the comprehensive suite of products and features available at Okta. You will ensure your work quality and strategic input allows you and the team to be held in high regard as an expert and trusted advisor for how our solutions translate to business value.
- Hire and lead a newly formed team of CS Tech Strategists located around the country
- You will create clear job and role definitions and ensure accountability within the team
- You will create a plan for allocation of the CS Tech strategists and work on the planning, budgeting, allocation and capacity planning aspects of the team over different geographies, product areas and business segments
- You will ensure the team is effectively enabled and meets the success criteria set by you
- You will help ensure the team members are able to deliver and lead live bi-annual roadmap sessions with customers >$1M ARR, 1:many seminars for specific products and features, and be a technical leader and resource for the CS team
- You will build strong relationships with Product, Engineering, and Sales teams
- You will own the voice of the customer process within CSM and help us keep an “outside in” perspective at all times
- You will establish and grow strong personal relationships with the customer’s champions
- You have a never-ending passion for learning and believe in servant leadership
- You are a self-starter, tech-savvy professional and it’s easy for you to understand a company’s business requirements and explain Okta’s value and technical details to C-level executives, a technical guru and all others in between
- You have at least 10 years experience leading a team of up to 7+ individuals in either Pre-sales, CS or Professional Services for large customers
- You are comfortable leading disparate teams in remote locations
- Superb oral and written communication skills, including issue tracking and triaging
Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, cloud security and cutting-edge infrastructures
- General knowledge of cloud architectures as well as complex enterprise on-premise IT landscapes.
- Extensive knowledge of typical enterprise identity life cycle management processes and standards, as well as emerging industry practices
- Familiarity with API management using Mulesoft, Axway or Apigee preferred
- This role can be located anywhere in continental US. Travel up to 50% (when conditions are back to normal)
- 5+ years experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect) is ideal
- Software development experience (Java, Ruby, .Net, PHP, REST/JSON, etc)
- SaaS deployment experience from a management perspective: Salesforce, Box, Office 365, Workday and HR as master for identities preferred
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer