|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Silicon team is transforming the ways people communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and components we develop. We’re a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products. Azure, XBOX, Surface and Hololens incorporate our internally developed silicon components. Our team is creative and resourceful; we value growth and learning. We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best work. Join us, and together we’ll turn groundbreaking hardware designs into reality!
The position will have responsibility for product engineering for new product development and production of manufacturing. The position requires someone with experience in semiconductor IC development, IC manufacturing, fabrication, test, and packaging.
Succsessful candidates should have strong project leadership skills to manage external vendors, drive cross functional teams and drive sub-project as part of larger development programs. They should also have excellent knowledge of IC development including test development, DFM, IC characterization, failure analysis, qualification, debug, yield analysis, process controls, statistics and fabless supply chain management. The Candidate should also be knowledge in DFT, silicon fabrication process, package design and development, IC assembly, product Q&RA, and basic transistor theory. It is beneficial to have background in IC design and IC verification.
The candidate would benefit from background in various product market area such as high performance compute, AI, GPUs, telecom.
- 7+ years of experience in Developing Integrated Circuts (pre-silicon, first silicon bring-up, new product introduction)
- Experience in product and test engineering in a lead position
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience in leading cross functional teams and understands program/project management
- Experience in managing supply chain, vendors/partners and Integrated Circuts production
- Experience in system/customer requirements gathering and interfacing
- Strong probability and statistics background including DOE’s
- Experience in large scale and/or high performance (ie. AI, machine leaning, neural nets, CPU’s) and/or high power SoCs/chips on advanced process nodes
- Knowledgeable in DFT and DFM techniques
- Good understanding of packaging, with advanced packages (ie. 2.5D, 3D) experience a plus.
- Good understanding of bring-up/debug, characterization, manufacturing test; experience with modern PHYs (ie. PAM4, HBM, PCIE gen5, DDRx) an asset.
- good understanding in quality management including some in CMOS device and product rel/ELFR, and of both EFA and PFA
- Good software skills, especially in scripting languages is an asset.
- Good understanding of design flow
- Device physics background
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.