|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, we believe the next decade of disruption for every industry will be defined by the speed of their digital transformation. Helping our customers achieve this vision through Azure is what excites us every day. Do you have an inclusive approach that creates a collaborative, growth-mindset culture? Are you driven by customer challenges requiring close collaboration with their technical stakeholders? Are you passionate about cloud computing, large scale distributed systems engineering problems, and leading the digital transformation of the Financial Services Industry (FSI)? Do you have the ability to dive deep into architecture, code, and configuration while making risk-based decisions on technical strategy?
The Azure Global Commercial Industry team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer who can work directly with customers to support the development and help drive the strategy and execution for industry-specific products and features within Azure for FSI. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. We are passionate about learning, fostering a growth mindset, and encouraging individuals to go beyond the planned and prioritized work to drive innovation. Our culture is collaborative, passionate and customer focused.
In this cross-functional role, you will act as one of the technical leads within the Azure product team collaborating directly with top industry customers and a talented set of stakeholders across Microsoft to design, deliver and iterate on solutions for industry needs. You should have a passion for DevOps, cloud architecture, and making technical decisions that have a direct impact on customers’ core business. You will learn about the challenges that affect regulated industries on a global scale and help design the technology and adoption approach that accelerates a new generation of transformation for FSI. This team is tackling challenging engineering and business problems directly with customers and within the broader Azure organization - our work has high visibility with the Microsoft senior leadership team and many opportunities to share our successes and receive support and guidance. More specifically, you will:
- Work directly with customers to understand their technical requirements and help them address and execute solution designs and implementations through product investments in the Azure platform.
- Help deliver product innovation, including co-development approach with other Microsoft clouds, support, and customer experience teams.
- Maintain strong partnerships across a wide array of disciplines and teams.
- Support execution of long-range planning and deliver on the team’s core objectives and key results.
- Have a drive to create and improve world-class systems to ensure we have the right capability available in the right places at the right time. This role requires someone who can constantly anticipate the customer needs we will have three years from now and ensure we are building to be ready.
- This is a customer-facing role supporting US eastern time customers and monthly travel is expected.
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or similar engineering degree, or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years of development experience with C/C++/C#
- Experience working in collaborative software development environments such as Azure Dev Ops, GitHub, etc.
- Knowledge of server architecture
- Experience working with directly with customers on design architecture or implementation to solve technical problems
- Experience with building services on Azure or other cloud services
- Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills
- Great written, verbal communication, and presentation skills. Ability to communicate business problems, alternatives, and product strategy
- Excellent cross-discipline leadership, collaboration, and influencing skills. Lead, drive change and influence without authority across groups and executives
- Experience defining, measuring, innovating, and driving change in large-scale software products and systems
- Background in financial services or related fields
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.