|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing teams within Microsoft Azure Engineering? Are you customer-obsessed constantly looking for ways to improve customer experience? Are you passionate about cloud computing and love the challenge of solving complex technical problems?
Come join us and surround yourself with people who are passionate about cloud computing, believe that extraordinary support is critical to customer success, and are fundamentally changing how we deliver support to our Azure customers transforming them into being Azure fans.
We are Azure Cloud Engineering (ACE) – a global Azure Engineering team, part of Azure Customer Experience Team (Azure CXP) that is customer-obsessed, support engaged, and with an engineering mindset. We are currently hiring multiple Azure Cloud Engineers to support our Top Azure Customers.
As an Azure Cloud Engineer (ACE), you will work together with field teams (Technical Account Managers, Cloud Solution Architects, Support Escalation Engineers) and Azure engineering teams to:
- Support our top Azure customersto resolve critical and complex technical issues in a 24x7x365 global support model, leveraging your deep technical and product expertise and combining it with your understanding of our customer’s needs. We achieve this through active case work as well as case management to drive faster resolution for critical issues. Demonstrate critical thinking, strong communication skills and the ability to develop strategic ongoing customer relationships. The close relationships developed with your customers will empower you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges and help them achieve the greatest value from Azure.
- Work in a 24x7x365 support model. This will involve working in shifts and/or being on-call.
- Deeply engagewith our customers to understand their architecture and operations, and work to continuously improve their overall Azure support experience.
- Relentlessly champion and advocatefor our customers in representing their issues to engineering teams and be a change agent to develop innovative ways to resolve their issues.
- Share support insights and recommendationsto customers and field teams based on support trend and topics – preventing repetition of similar issues.
- Collaborate with Azure engineering teamsto not only support but deliver solutions and new capabilities for our customers most mission critical Azure deployments.
- Apply an engineering mindsetto eliminate top issues impacting customer experience across large and strategic sets of customers. Based on customer feedback and insights gained while supporting our top customers, partner with engineering teams to improve the Azure platform.
- Partner with Support Tooling teamsto ensure support engineers experience parity with Azure commercial cloud.
Ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years in a technical position. Desired degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies is desired.
- Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
- Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Deep Understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains:
- Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking
- Data Platform: SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Factory
- Application development & debugging experience: C/C++/C#, Python, Node.JS, etc.
- Azure Application Development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.)
- Website troubleshooting & coding experience: IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
- Bigdata and Cognitive Services: HDInsight/Hadoop, CosmosDB, Machine Learning, Azure Stream Analytics
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD etc.
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, Open Source) desired.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirement are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.