Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Lead Operations Strategy role supports home loan origination activities with a focus on procuring and managing key third-party services to drive increased conversion, improved quality of production and customer experience, lower cycle times, and compliance with relevant policies and regulations. Additionally, the position interfaces actively with field operations, technology, and corporate risk functions to ensure seamless implementation of change initiatives. Works under minimal supervision.
- Source and manage relationships with key vendors, including those providing appraisals, title and settlement services, credit reports, loan-level compliance reviews, and flood zone and fraud checks. Negotiate contract terms, actively monitor performance, address complaints, and identify opportunities to more effectively design and/or utilize the vendor services.
- Serve as the primary liaison with operations teams for vendor-related issues.
- Oversee management and reconciliation of invoices.
- Be the process owner for post-closing activities, including:
- Identify related process enhancement opportunities.
- Coordinate with Field Operations, internal Customer Experience and Incident Management teams to resolve and diagnose root causes of unexpected issues and incorporate lessons learned into ongoing processes.
- Establish and execute detective and preventative controls to ensure a compliant and well-functioning operation.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation of policies, procedures, process maps, control descriptions, systems development requirements, and training materials related to assigned processes.
- Administer loan file issue resolution and correction; develop process workarounds to ensure continuous production, compliance with policy and regulations, and minimization of risk.
- Support change management; consult in system and process design, user-acceptance testing, and post-implementation validation, and help to address any post-change incidents.
- Ensures that sound operational processes and procedures are developed and documented.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Arts and Sciences, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services Operations or Vendor Management
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of work experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years of Mortgage experience
- Proven experience with process improvement, DMS, project management, process management and performance management.
- Success in driving automation and process improvement initiatives in operations
- Prior experience in managing highly-integrated third-party service providers
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.