|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Global Demand Center (GDC) team within the Cloud Marketing Group is leading the marketing transformation of Microsoft’s largest and fastest growing commercial businesses. Our always-on acquisition and nurture Global Engagement Programs (GEPs) are cross-segment targeting business and technical audiences across commercial businesses, including Azure, Microsoft 365, Teams, Dynamics 365, Power Platform, Project, Visio, Teams, Surface, Digital Transformation, AI, security, commercial industries, and education, with programs available in 42 markets and 30 languages. The GDC acquires millions of new contacts annually which can be nurtured into leads and sales recommendations. In addition to driving new demand, the GDC also accelerates usage and consumption through post-purchase Relationship Marketing (RM) that includes both nurture email and in-product reach for Microsoft 365, Azure, and Power Platform. Before interacting with traditional sales channels, Microsoft’s customers learn about products and services by engaging with our brand and products through digital and in-person experiences including advertising, web, social, events, product trials, sales, and partners. Through modern, digital marketing, the GDC team is optimizing and integrating these channels through advanced analytics and marketing automation. The GDC team is driving measurable business impact through globally scaled programs that are engineered and instrumented to create highly personalized and relevant experiences and content across the customer’s buying journey for our IT, developer, and line of business leader audiences.
In this role, you will be responsible for the business requirements development and prioritization required for building, running, and innovating the GDC’s demand response motion. You will partner with capabilities leads for lead management and operations, lead scoring, AI/Bots, seller tooling, and reporting and analytics. Your work will be both focused on planning and new features, as well as ensuring sound operations and execution.
This role requires strong program management and being well versed in marketing automation and lead-based connected marketing and sales motions. Depth of experience in bridging marketing/sales and technology teams will be foundational for this role. Successful candidates excel at cross team collaboration and have a history of developing solutions in complex environments, as well as the ability to demonstrate leadership and influence across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Drive Innovation – Define a lead treatment and routing strategy that leverages next generation technical capabilities such as Artificial Intelligence and bots to improve lead quality and conversion. Deeply understand customer journey and business goals across commercial solution areas (Azure, Business Applications, Modern Workplace) and determine opportunities to improve lead to sales conversion.
- Multi-channel business rules – Be the central point of contact and expertise for global lead routing rules across channels including Demand Response, Microsoft Stores, and Pre-Sales functions. Partner with channel owners, marketing leads, and GDC capabilities teams to ensure business rules are documented, understood, and represent the business decision makers in the change management process.
- Marketing Lead quality and operations - Work with Lead scoring and Marketing Operations teams to identify, prioritize & implement the operational functionality needed to support digital sales objectives. Ensure prioritization alignment with business needs and lead decision making on tradeoffs.
- Improve Processes and Systems – Partner with capabilities, tooling, and sales excellence owners to drive systemic improvements that contribute to operational excellence including in data, scoring, flow, and seller processes.
Problem Solve – Analyze health of lead funnel KPIs and work with lead quality and analytics teams to identify and resolve issues
Americas Region Lead management operations – Run Lead management and operations for the Americas Region, partnering with Americas Sales Excellence and Asia and EMEA peers to ensure steady and reliable ongoing lead management (quality and delivery).
- Rigor and Operational discipline – Ensure the development of leading practices with clear documentation, detailed understanding, and predictable operations, building a strong foundation for connected marketing and sales operations.
- 3 years in program management; experience with demand-oriented motions/ managing lead flow a plus
- Experience in commercial integrated marketing, marketing operations/automation, sales planning or sales operations
- Expert management skills with proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- High attention to detail and able to drive projects within stringent and fast-paced timelines
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed in a quickly changing and evolving environment
- Strong analytical capabilities and comfort working with data
- Experience partnering between business and technical teams
- College degree (MBA/Masters preferred) 3 years of
- Creative thinking and ability to design and optimize new processes and solutions
- Excellent communication, inter-personal, and cross group collaboration skills. Ability to build relationships and communicate with a global team.
- Comfort with high levels of ambiguity and proven ability to have impact & influence
- College Degree (BA/BS or equivalent) and 5+ years of relevant work experience in marketing or sales
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.