Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Are you interested in how users behave and what makes a product successful?
Do you have the niggling suspicion that a deeper analysis of product features might uncover why some of them work and others are simply never used by anyone?
Do you love the idea of rapidly iterating on new features as experiments against millions of users to find ones that move the needle and hit user engagement & growth out of the ballpark?
If yes, we have an amazing role for you!
The Product Manager is responsible for managing the growth strategy for some of Atlassian's key initiatives. This includes data gathering (qualitative & quantitative), planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and user requirements, helping to define the product growth vision, creating the business case for new growth initiatives and working closely with engineering, marketing and partner teams to ensure monthly active usage and user satisfaction goals are met.
The Product Manager works across multiple streams of work to provide guidance and direction for the success of their initiative. You will act as a player/coach among Product Managers in their team – helping and guiding efforts across the team while also owning specific feature sets and deliverables. The PM will define and track key business and usage analytics data to measure success for product areas you own.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for teams to successfully see the value in our products and expand.
- You’ll define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics. You’re passionate about the business impact of your work, and can work collaboratively with key stakeholders from commerce to go-to-market teams.
- You’ll work with design and engineering partners to ship well-crafted experiments and appreciate the little big details.
- You’ll become an expert on your product area. You’ll identify user needs and business opportunities through a combination of research, feedback collection from cross-functional teammates and competitive data analysis
- You’ll own experiments & experiences end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- You’ll drive execution against our plan in collaboration with engineering, design and marketing peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication.
On your first day, we'll expect you have:
- Passion about the team collaboration space and the problems we’re solving.
- You have a growth mentality and can execute at a fast pace with a focus on user experience, impact, and learning.
- Preferred 3+ years of experience in product management or product analytics in a high growth software product organization.
- Excellent product sense and craftsmanship. Have a history of working with design and development to produce a phenomenal user experience.
- Data and business-minded. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You can craft, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests. You understand the impact your work has on the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, enabling you to bridge gaps and collaborate across design, engineering, marketing, sales, customer support, and users.
- Impeccable follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- You listen well and got charisma in spades. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
- Having a Computer Science or Data Science background is strongly preferred.
Growth is a mindset applied to product development where the true north star is user growth. Every strategy, every tactic, and every initiative, is attempted in the hopes of growing the product's user base. At Atlassian, the Product Growth team is all about applying a scientific approach to find ways to accelerate Atlassian's user growth rate.
Atlassian's products are used by more than half of Fortune 100 companies to connect people with content and co-workers they need to get their jobs done, faster. The pace of innovation and change in the workplace is now greater than ever. Our tools powers teams to help them go from concept to launch, no matter what the project, making collaborating for teams of all sizes easier. Atlassian is poised to shape how people collaborate and work together now and well into the future, with Growth at its center. Come, be a part of this amazing journey!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.