|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced software engineeringleadwith a passion for building high scaleweb-basedapplications and services? Do you excel indrivingteams in building performant,intuitivedesigns?Are you able to generate energythroughout the teams that you lead?Do you have a passion foropen sourceanddeveloperexperience? If so, come join us!
We are the Partner, Analytics, and essentialeXperiences(PAX) team, a part of the Windows + Devices (W+D) engineering organization. Our team’s vision is that Windows users find it easy to discover and engage with the experiences they need most; and that ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) are excited to build Windows experiences because they can innovate, differentiate, and exceed their business goals on Windows.You willleada new and growing teamthat builds high scale, secure, reliable, low latency services that power an app experience that runs on hundreds of millions of devices, alongside a portfolio of high scale services that PAX builds and runs today.
You will be an experiencedfull stackengineering lead who buildswebapplicationstosupportapp discovery|as well as growopen-sourcetools for developer.You will be a strong people manager who iscommittedtocreating clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.As a people manager, you will deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.You willprovide direction to the team through breaking downservice specs and architecture,and work acrossmultiple disciplinesto make implementation decisions.In your role you will work withpeers across program management and software engineering tolaunchnew experiencesthat integrate with existing systems.We welcome your innovative ideas and fresh perspectives to strengthen our growth mindset culture that is grounded in customer obsession, and diversity and inclusion.
- 8+ years of experience working on large scaleapplications orservices, with 2+ years in people leadershiprole
- Exceptional teamwork and values that foster a positive teamculture
- Experience in collaborating with teams across different time zones andgeographies
- Experience driving efforts across product groups and businessunits
- Experience in leadingand coachingteamsof software engineers; providingexpert guidance, hands-on assistance, best practices, andtraining
- Strong and applied knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as C#
- Strong and applied knowledge of service infrastructure, frameworks, and technologies such as Azure Cloud Services, Azure Service Fabric, ASP.NET Core 2,.NetFramework, React.js, and Git
- Knowledge of commonservicesdesign patterns and application development best practices
- Ability to modernize and evolve components used by millions without serviceinterruption
- Experience in working within an agile software development team, leveraging experimentation and prototyping, while continuing to measure anditerate
- Proven ability to work through the full DevOps lifecycle from initial design to final product to live sitesupport
- Proven fundamental understanding of how to deliver end-to-end scenarios with security, reliability, and engineering quality inmind
- Proficiency in RESTful web services technologies
- Knowledge of the latest data storage, analysis, and visualization systems (CosmosDB,PowerBI)
- Knowledge of specific technologies such as Azure Cloud Services, Azure Service Fabric, ASP.NET Core 2,.NetFramework, NuGet packages, Git,Service Bus, Event Hub, Data Factory, Tables/Queues/Blobs, SQL, Key Vault, Application Insights nice tohave
- Experience of engaging with customers and the communitytoinfluence technical decision-making ispreferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.