|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Processing and Rendering team within the Web Data Platform group at Microsoft is looking for a Principal Software Engineer who enjoys working on complex problems and building out a large scale data platform that pushes the boundaries of AI.
Here on the Processing and Rendering team, we own a petabytes-scale distributed processing and storage system on the whole Web. This unique opportunity is to come and help us design and build customer facing solutions to deliver delightful experiences and a world class platform for Search, Ads, Content Services, Apps, etc.
We are a tight-knit team of software engineers and applied scientists who collaborate to solve exciting challenges such as:
- Building Petabyte-level data processing and storage platforms that process billions of documents and entities per day
- Opening and modernizing the platform to support the latest deep-learning technologies
- Solving how to encode a document/phrase/question into an embedding that can capture its essence and enable us to recommend an article to its most interested user
To help drive our vision, mission and progress, we value a leader who can:
- Manage and drive a team with passion
- Establish accountability and pride in ownership
- Challenge the status quo, define and reach ambitious goals across organization boundaries
- Collaborate with multiple teams
- Identify opportunities that maximize impact on product
- Clearly and effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
If you’re interested at this point, please read on!
As a principal member of the team, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Directly contributing code and monitoring any investigations
- Providing long term vision and growth plan for the platform
- Helping the team model ambiguous problems in platform spaces
- Owning design and code reviews and acting as a role model for good engineering, clean design and principled thinking
- Collaborating across teams and roles
Minimum required qualifications:
- 6+ years of industry software development experience in C++/C, C#, Java and/or Python
- Experience designing and shipping projects for large scale distributed systems
Below are additional related skills/experiences, though are not required:
- Solid understanding of low-level hardware and OS fundamentals, and networking.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#Backend# #WebXTPrincipal# #WebXTPlatform# #Cloud#