|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-obsessed Support Engineering Manager, who has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership and has empowered people to help customers succeed. As a Support Engineering Manager (SEM), you will focus on building and leading a high performing team. You will be responsible for ensuring our teams provide a positive support experience, which includes being responsive to our customers and effectively partnering with stakeholders on the most critical problems for Microsoft customers. You will represent Microsoft to our customers and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Microsoft Engineering Group, leveraging the culture of customer obsession at Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Attract, recruit and retain the right talent with the focus to create an industry-leading service delivery team, build diverse and inclusive teams, enable an environment in which people can do their best work, and identify/develop future successors and team members. Demonstrate subject matter expertise in management/leadership/innovation within Microsoft Cloud Strategy.
- Manage and lead a team of Support Engineers and Support Escalation Engineers, with focus on team performance.
- Regularly meet one-on-one with your direct reports, and conduct employee connects and career development discussions along the year.
- Provide feedback on an ongoing basis and coach engineers on improving communication skills, technical ability and speed of customer and internal deliverables.
- Ensure your direct reports develop their professional skills through active participation in delivery events, training, mentoring and communities.
- Focus on customer satisfaction, technical proficiency, timeliness of support delivery and understanding customer needs around speed, quality and value.
- Build effective relationship with global Customer Service and Support leaders, Microsoft engineering and business leaders for effective projects for right business impact.
- Manage high priority escalations as appropriate. Respond to escalated customer cases in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate resources are assigned; engage directly with customers, escalation teams, field personnel, and ensure robust status communication.
- Coordinate and communicate with field teams (Sales, TAMs, and PFEs) as well as Azure CXP team to deliver a connected customer support experience during critical events
- Partner with offering strategy team on support offering design and capabilities, assist with marketing and awareness efforts as needed with field and customers
- 3+ years prior management or related product/customer support leadership experience
- 4+ years of experience in Consulting, Product Support, Customer Service Industry or Technical Support
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- 4-year Degree in Management, Business, Computer Science, or equivalent in work experience.
- Strong ability to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Change agent: natural at embracing change and lead people through ambiguity and transformation.
- Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Capability to supervise work, set the behavioral example and adjust strategies and tactics as necessary.
- Adept at coordinating team meetings to communicate team information, conduct training and to receive team feedback.
- Proficiency in coordinating and conducting 1:1 meeting with individual team members to provide instruction, coaching and personal development as well as to receive personal feedback.
- Great writing skills and ability to write and deliver individual reviews.
- Qualified to maintain individual and team discipline, cohesiveness and morale
- Exceptional leadership, collaboration and negotiation skills working in a complex, matrix organizational structure.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.