|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing.
The Microsoft Advertising Global Operations team is the enabling arm of the entire MSA organization covering field and sales strategy, sales planning, and execution. Our mission is to enable Advertising Sales around the world to maximize revenue & customer satisfaction. We work with global & local stakeholders at executive and field levels to drive Field/Business value. We rely on strong partnerships, are committed to excellence & innovation, and provide deep insights and actionable solutions.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Program Manager with product planning expertise and strong business acumen to design and implement sales operations solutions that meet business and customer needs. This includes closely partnering on strategic initiatives to define comprehensive user scenarios, identify tools solutions, data and operationalization requirements and ultimately execute for successful rollout to our Field teams. This role requires a keen operational thinker and strong collaborator with impeccable communication, planning and execution skills.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the business strategies, processes and pain points, internalizing the implications for operational processes, tools and reporting.
- Formulate objectives aligned with the business needs between a complex set of contributors and stakeholders
- Develop solutions roadmaps that are forward-thinking, prioritized and deliver measurable impact.
- Identify user patterns for consideration and analyze the cost / benefit of investments to further evolve tools and operations.
- Prioritize stakeholder requirements and control scope as solution is being designed and developed.
- Understand how a solution interacts with existing business processes and how proposed changes impact user workflows.
- Make ethical business and managerial decisions based on good business practices and compliance which builds trust within the team.
- Define and measure success targets (tool usage, efficiencies gained, cost savings, etc) and results throughout the solution lifecycle
- Effectively articulate business scenarios, related tools capabilities, and create actionable recommendations with engineering based off business impact, tuned to the needs of key stakeholders.
- Act as a technical thought leader and advocate for end user groups during the feature development cycle, ensuring features & capabilities align with the articulated business requirements.
- Build clear and persuasive communications at every stage: pitching a prospective solution, building a charter, training partners and creating field ready communications.
- Present solution collateral to field, stakeholders and leadership.
- Be an effective presenter that speaks and listens to the intended audience.
- Liaise between business program owners, engineering and field partners to ensure clear communication, understanding of solution offerings and ultimately, project success.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work culture through your open and honest communication style.
- Retain management of solution experience throughout the lifecycle receiving feedback and making necessary improvements, drive maintenance and problem resolution, as required.
- Validate projects after deployment to ensure they meet all operational and business requirements.
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in developing end-to-end operational processes to support complex business problems.
- Strong communication skills in all areas of the business – from Senior Leadership through all Field – with high attention to clear and concise delivery.
- Willingness to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly matrixed work environment with strong cross-functional team collaboration skills.
- Proven expertise in effective requirements gathering and synthesis, enabling rapid product development.
- Ability to evangelize on behalf of, and influence key stakeholders and partners against a shared goal.
- Data-driven mindset ensuring investment area success criteria are thoughtfully integrated into planning and regularly analyzed to identify actionable learnings.
- Self-starter, with shared ownership mindset & strong attention to detail
- 4+ years of professional experience in product management / product planning supporting sales and/or service teams
- Professional experience working across functions to influence business strategy
- BA/BS from an accredited college/university or at least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience developing sales, marketing and/or support enablement tools or experience building sales operations solutions
- 5+ years of Search Advertising and/or digital marketing experience preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.